This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2011 2:27 PM by John O'Toole RSS

SDO_NET not include at oracle xe?

595716 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi!
I tried out to create a oracle spatial network but SDO_NET Package is not found?
EXECUTE SDO_NET.CREATE_NODE_TABLE('FEATURE_NODES', 'LRS_GEOMETRY', 'NODE_GEOMETRY', NULL, 1);
  • 1. Re: SDO_NET not include at oracle xe?
    John O'Toole Journeyer
    SDO_NET is a Spatial option, not included in Locator. As far as I know, XE only supports Locator, not Spatial. Besides, XE doesn't have a JVM, so any Locator/Spatial components that are java based are not supported. SDO_NET is java based.
  • 2. Re: SDO_NET not included at oracle xe?
    595716 Newbie
    My oracle xe release number: 10.2.0.1.0

So oracle xe doesnt support SDO_NET - update or somethins else isnt possible?

Can I work just with the JAVA API or I need SDO_NET ?
  • 3. Re: SDO_NET not included at oracle xe?
    870019 Newbie
    Hi
    Orcl 10. can support SDO_Net.But you must to grant unlimited for user which you create.
    You go to SQL Plus,Login which username SYSTEM and pass when you create database.
    You grant for user by command :
    GRANT CREATE SESSION TO new_user;
    GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO new_user;

Now you can use SDO_NET

Diemnn

Edited by: 867016 on Jun 20, 2011 5:29 AM

Edited by: 867016 on Jun 20, 2011 5:38 AM
  • 4. Re: SDO_NET not included at oracle xe?
    John O'Toole Journeyer
    Diemnn,

You are answering a 4 year old forum posting. And the advice you've given makes no sense. The original poster stated they are using Oracle XE - which certainly does not support SDO_NET. You can grant all the tablespace privileges you want to a user on XE, but you still won't be any closer to using SDO_NET. Spatial Networks are a feature of Oracle Spatial, which isn't available on XE. End of story.

John