0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2008 7:34 AM by 598534 RSS

SEVERE: Managedbean could not be created

Hi everyone!
      I've got a nice and interessting temporary failure in my application.

I'm developing a JSF-webapplication with JSPs and Java-Beans. When a jsp-site appears we disable/enable functions in the application depending on information that are stored in our database. These authorizations depend on groups from ContentServices. So I need to resolve to which groups in ContentServices the logged in user belongs to. Therefor I want to have the GroupManager instance form the ContentService-API with following source-line:

GroupManager gm = Managers.getGroupManager(wsConnection.session);

When I first noticed this failure, I tried to reproduce it, but I wasn't able to. Mostly it runs fine, but sometimes the GroupManager instance can't be delivered, though the user could be correctly logged in before.

Has anybody had a similar failure before? Is there anything I don't have thought about when I call such functions from a jsp-site?

In my server logs I see this error:
      SEVERE: Managedbean appConstraints could not be created Klasse kann nicht instanziiert werden: 'susi.backing.AppAuthorConstraints'.. class
      susi.backing.AppAuthorConstraints : java.lang.NullPointerException

How can I fix that?

Something very interesting I found out is that if I try logg in a user two times, the first time everything runs fine and the second time the application brakes with the mentioned exception.

Can anybody help me with that?

greetings
      Verena

Message was edited by:
      Verena