2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2008 1:55 PM by 616192 RSS

problems with webdav access to content service in osx 10.5

see in support information that only mac osx 10.3 is supported ... 10.4 is also working fine ... but with osx 10.5 i cannot access content service via webdav. is there any solution? btw it is also not possible to access content service via webdav from oracle linux 4 or 5 or solaris 11 with integrated webdav services ....
        • 1. Re: problems with webdav access to content service in osx 10.5
          hi,

I have similar problems with MacOS machines accessing Content services via WebDAV. The problem I see is that Intel machines with never MacOS flavours crash/hang the finder process while this problem is absent on old G5 based machines - irrespectively of the OS version.

What we have seen in the CS logs is that the MAC tries to access the .DS-store file which is used by the macs to store filesystem metadata which is not compatible with DAV/CIFS. After accessing the file some DAV processes also seem to crash on OCS according to our logs. I did not file a SR with Oracle yet, however.

Cheers,

Rupert

after

However, I was able to find out that the problem is boun
          • 2. Re: problems with webdav access to content service in osx 10.5
            spoke with apple support today. they said its about davlib which is the base library in 10.5. this library is only working perfect with apache 2.x, latest ocs is shipped with apache 1.3. only ..... no answers from the the oracle folks ....

Message was edited by:
            user613189