This content has been marked as final. Show 35 replies
I am also in search of this. I want to upload daily exchange rates to peoplesoft Financials and I cannot find anything. Are you successfull yet? I will share with you in case I find something and so do you, please. My search is still going on. I will also create a case with peoplesoft to get some information.
We did not implement yet, but I got an idea.
1. Please go to the URL http://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/pilotfx.html(The Federal Reserve Bank of New York now offers Noon Foreign Exchange Rates (exchange rates) data as a Web Service)
2. We can use this web service in PeopleSoft to get exchange rates and we can load the data.
I will let you know if there is any progress at my side and I expect the same from you :)
We implemented this as follows
1. We are using "Noon Foreign Exchange Rates Web Service" provided at the URL http://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/pilotfx.html
2. Using Integration Broker and PeopleCode we are calling the web service method "getAllLatestNoonRates" to get noon exchange rates
3. We are generated a .csv file out of the generated XML file
4. PeopleSoft FSCM application delivers messages and nodes to read .csv file and uploads the exchange rates to associated tables.
Let me know if you have any questions on this.
Message was edited by:
Can you email me a document on how you did this. The way you have mentioned is at a high level. Let me know. Thanks
Pleese share with us how did you implement it. If you have any document Please email me.
Go to http://jaytedla.blogspot.com
Thanks JP! I am trying to create a new node for the exchange rates. Do I need to
create a node type either PIA or external and what is the difference?
When I am trying to Import WSDL using this URL http://www.newyorkfed.org/markets/fxrates/WebService/v1_0/FXWS.wsdl , getting the following error,
"Integration Gateway:General Connection Failed. This error is thrown when there is no valid response. Possible errors include: BadGateway URL"
Please let me know what I am missing.
Select node type as PIA and difference between various types can be found from PeopleBooks.
Type the URL in internet browser and see is there any error, make sure the URL is correct.... I dont see any other reasons except this.
Does anyone have another source that the use for getting exchange rates? I was thinking about using the New York Fed, but I found this on their website.
NEW YORK—Today the New York Fed announced its decision to discontinue the publication of foreign exchange rates on December 31, 2008, given the availability of alternative market-based sources for these rates. This follows an earlier message posted on August 2, 2007.
I went to your blog site http://jaytedla.blogspot.com and didn't see any related exchange rate info. Do you mind checking the site and post the details again ?
Thanks a lot,
Anyone have an update on this? I am researching interfaces of FX rates into PS version 8.4.
1. We got a license from xignite.com, they provide a web service of exchange rates
2. The web service we are consuming in PeopleSoft to get daily exchange rates, importing WSDL into PeopleSoft, creating subscription and publish messages, and nodes.
Let me know if you need anything.