7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2008 5:21 AM by 620930 RSS

11g database + SES

Can I configure 11g database with the SES ? I am not able to find application server in 11g. So I have use the 10g application server on 11g database and configure my streams dispatcher. Has anyone implemented it?

Thanks
      Lakshmi
        • 1. Re: 11g database + SES
          Hi Lakshmi,
          Yes definitely u can configure Oracle Streams with 11g. The Bug fixes of pervious release Streams are solved and enhanced here. I tried. It's working fine here

Arijit
          • 2. Re: 11g database + SES
            Hi Arijit,

Thanks for your reply. When I configured the streams dispatcher in 11i with the edge server, I get the following error saying "Invalid Oracle URL specified". Is it something related with the https://hostname:portnumber/ that is included for 11i. Did you face anything like that.

Does this needs any patchset?

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
            Lakshmi

-------------------------------------------------
            The error is as follows:

There was a sqlexception preparing the insert statement in the StreamsDispatcher>>
            java.sql.SQLException: Invalid Oracle URL specified
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:138)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:175)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:240)
                 at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:221)
                 at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:159)
                 at oracle.edge.impl.dispatcher.StreamsConnectorPool.getConnection(Unknown Source)
                 at oracle.edge.impl.dispatcher.StreamsConnectorV2.getConnection(Unknown Source)
                 at oracle.edge.impl.dispatcher.StreamsConnectorV2.run(Unknown Source)
                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
            • 3. Re: 11g database + SES
              Hi Lakshmi,
              It seems the JNDI Data Source that needs to be created is not created properly. There are 2 JNDI DS that needs to be configured. One is for SDS and one for SDR. Try testing them from EM console.
              Thanks and regards,
              Arijit De
              • 4. Re: 11g database + SES
                Hi Arijit,

Thanks very much. I figured out that it is the connectivity issue in the native datasource is the root cause for this issue.

Regards
                Lakshmi
                • 5. Re: 11g database + SES
                  Lakshmi,
                  Good to know that ur problem is solved. Wanted to know whether ur doing a PoC or using Edge Server for a live project.
                  Thanks and regards,
                  Arijit De
                  • 6. Re: 11g database + SES
                    HI Arijit,

This will be shortly going to be live around April

Lakshmi
                    • 7. Re: 11g database + SES
                      Hi,
                      Hey gr8 news. How big deployment it is? Which hardwares r u using?
                      Arijit