6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2008 6:30 AM by 624171 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Journalization interface error: datastore isnot journalized in this context

Hi!

I have a interface that have a datastore with journalization mode activated. When i go to edit this interface and select the option "Journalized data option" in the datastore properties (at diagram tab), odi prompt me that "This datastore is not journalized in this context"

Before to do this, i did, in the refered datastore "Change data capture --> add to CDC" and "Change data capture --> start journal"; in this last step, i select the correct context (that i select also in diagram tab on my interface), i select SUNOPSIS subscriber and i select "Agent Local".

Also, if i go to the datastore properties, in the journalizing tab, there is the subscriber SUNOPSIS, but also say that "The table is included in CDC in simple mode, CDC is not started in the current context"

I think that, when i do "start journal", the CDC is started... but really not...

i skiped any step?

Thanks for your help!

PD: i'm sorry for my bad english
        • 1. Re: Journalization interface error: datastore isnot journalized in this con
          Micropole
          Try to change the Context in the main interface of ODI (list box on the top of the screen) and select the same as your jounalization one.
          • 2. Re: Journalization interface error: datastore isnot journalized in this context
            Cezar Santos
            "Hola Valdomir,

Que tal todo? Si hace falta dime el problema en castelhano, aunque tu seas de Barcelona! jajajajajjajaaja (solo un chiste...)"

Ok, in english now...

Please, take a look at your operator at the session started when you "Start CDC" if that session ended well then you have the CDC working well..

Sunopsis had some problems to show CDC working at datastores tree but only to show because worked fine.

Message was edited by:
            Cezar_Santos
            • 3. Re: Journalization interface error: datastore isnot journalized in this con
              Hola Cezar!

No sabía que en Brasil también habláseis español! eu falo un pouco de portugues tamén, bueno, unha mescla de portugues, galego e espanhol (=portunhol)!

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda... eres todo un profesional en Oracle & ODI!

Bueno, cambiemos a inglés para así poder entendernos entre todos.

English:

Micropole, i tried to change the main context... but i have the same problem.

If i go to the Operator, all the action "Start Journal" is correct (green tick): it creates all the triggers, views and anything necessary.

Then, the journal works, because when I modify the journalized table (add, remove or update row) the table Journal Data is updated (there is a new row with with the add/remove/update row); then, the problem is with the consumption interface.

i revised all (interface, journal, JKM) and all are in the same context... i'm worried about the message in the Jornalizing Tab in the datastore properties "the table is included in CDC in simple mode, CDC is not started in the current context"....

Because, Cezar, when you say "Start CDC", is tha same that "Start Journal"?

Another info is that, the journalized table has always the symbol "yellow clock", first when i add the table to the CDC (Change Data Capture --> Add to CDC) and, when i "Start Journal", it also have "yellow clock".... in the manual says that yellow clock: "Journalizing is marked as active in the model, but no appropriate journalizing infrasturcture was detected in the current context. journals should be started. This state may occur if the journalizing mode implemented in the infrastructure does not match the one declared for the model"

I think that is a problem with Context, work Schemas... something like this... but, like i said before, all is created in the same context (logical schema, physical schema, agent, datastores...)

Any Help?

Thanks!!!!
              • 4. Re: Journalization interface error: datastore isnot journalized in this con
                Cezar Santos
                La verdad es que hablo un poquito de español porque estuve por Madrid 18 meses (trabajando con ODI)... hace 5 meses que he vuelto a Brasil...

Yes, I mean "Start Journal", if you are sure that is launching all at same context is very strange doesn't work and if I understand right the process isn't even launch, is that right?

I will try to reproduce something like that here to see if I can help...

If wish be free to contact me by email (profile)

As soon as I get something I will post here...
                • 5. Re: Journalization interface error: datastore isnot journalized in this con
                  Micropole
                  Yes the yellow clock seems to say that the Journalization dosn't work correctly...
                  The great one for a correct journalization is white.

The Simple Mode is that only one table or independant tables are journalized, the other mode is the consistent one which journalized a table and all the other depending to with constraints.

You say : "I think that is a problem with Context, work Schemas... something like this... but, like i said before, all is created in the same context (logical schema, physical schema, agent, datastores...)"

But did you create the subscriber in the same one, and the Start Journal and the other part of the Journalization ???
                  • 6. Re: Journalization interface error: datastore isnot journalized in this con
                    Thaks a lot!

but finally... i decided stop try, and i do the journalizing manually (i create my on order by procedures).

it was impossible do journalization in a postgresql database... i adapted the oracle JKM to postgres, it was all ok, but finally don't work.

My suggestion to other people with similar problem... don't loose your time! it will be more easy (and, problably, efficient) do your own procedures than try to create JKM.

thanks a lot for your help!