4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2008 7:50 AM by 614389 RSS

multi row checking in advance table and passing this to other OAF page...

Hello,

I have an advance table on my OAF custom page, this table have checkbox column. I need to implement the solution when user selects some rows in this table and then press submit button on the page. So new OAF page is opened and on that page i need to show those lines which user selected in previous step.
      The problem is that right now i have this selection checkbox tight to VO attribute which updates table and then on submit do commit and on another page i'm just selecting rows which have this flag set. But what i'm looking for is - do not make commit and changes on database data, but pass the selected rows as kind of parameter to other page or something like this.

Could you please give me any suggestions of how is the better way to implement this solution?

thanks in advance...
        • 1. Re: multi row checking in advance table and passing this to other OAF page.
          Make a transient VO, and insert all the lines the user has checked.Share the same AM in other page and while redirecting retain AM. On this page show the lines from the transient VO.Another option could be utilizing session.

--Mukul                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
          • 2. Re: multi row checking in advance table and passing this to other OAF page...
            SumitSharma
            One option you can think of is having another instance of the same VO in the AM. Associate the first instance to Page 1 and the second to Page 2. When you want to select those rows, copy the rows into the second VO. Remember the second VO does not need to be queried. Only the row needs to be inserted therein.

Try this approach and let me know if you face any problems.

Thanks
            Sumit
            • 3. Re: multi row checking in advance table and passing this to other OAF page.
              thank you guys for the replyes!

i will definetly try one of approaches you are suggesting....
              • 4. Re: multi row checking in advance table and passing this to other OAF page.
                Hello Sumit,

i tried your solution and it's working fine thanks again!

Message was edited by:
                user611386