1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2008 1:57 PM by Michael Ferrante-Oracle

Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error

Hi All,

We have applied the patch 3 on the IAS (10g) in Solaris and everything works fine except for webutil .

With webutil forms , we get the below error message

network: Connecting http://comp.dom.com/forms/frmservlet?config=JAVA1.6&acceptLanguage=en-us&ifcmd=startsession with proxy=DIRECT
      network: Connecting http://comp.dom.com/forms/lservlet;jsessionid=jGr5XDqQLvpA?ifcmd=getinfo&ifhost=1429-224&ifip=66.100.205.233 with proxy=DIRECT
      network: Connecting http://comp.dom.com/forms/lservlet;jsessionid=jGr5XDqQLvpAe with proxy=DIRECT
      Forms Applet version is : 10.1.2.3
      network: Connecting http://comp.dom.com/forms/lservlet;jsessionid=XDqQLvpAe with proxy=DIRECT
      network: Cache entry found [url: http://comp.dom.com/forms/java/frmall.jar, version: null]
      network: Cache entry found [url: http://comp.dom.com/forms/java/frmall.jar, version: null]
      basic: Loaded image: jar:http://comp.dom.com/forms/java/frmall.jar!/oracle/forms/icons/frame.gif
      network: Cache entry found [url: http://comp.dom.com/forms/java/frmwebutil.jar, version: null]
      security: Loading certificates from Deployment session certificate store
      security: Loaded certificates from Deployment session certificate store
      security: Loading certificates from Internet Explorer TrustedPublisher certificate store
      security: Loaded certificates from Internet Explorer TrustedPublisher certificate store
      security: Validate the certificate chain using CertPath API
      security: Obtain certificate collection in Root CA certificate store
      security: Obtain certificate collection in Root CA certificate store
      security: The CRL support is disabled
      security: The OCSP support is disabled
      security: No timestamping info available
      security: Checking if certificate is in Deployment denied certificate store
      security: Checking if certificate is in Deployment permanent certificate store
      security: Checking if certificate is in Deployment permanent certificate store
      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle.forms.handler.IHandler.getApplet()Ljava/applet/Applet;
           at oracle.forms.webutil.common.VBeanCommon.init(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.instantiate(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.onCreate(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.handler.JavaContainer.onCreate(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onCreateHandler(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processMessage(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processSet(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessageReal(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessage(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.sendInitialMessage(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.startRunform(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Main.createRunform(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Main.start(Unknown Source)
           at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source

Best Regards
      Rajesh Alex

Message was edited by: Rajesh Alex modified session id (long)
      Rajesh_Alex
        • 1. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
          Matt W.
          Hello,

I've been monitoring this forum for 3 days waiting for someone to report this issue.

I am having a similar issue with Forms, Patch 3 (10.1.2.3). It appears this patch has an issue finding paths to beans within Forms (Java Pathing to the .class). For me, webutil is working. But ALL of the other beans we have in our .fmbs are not working anymore, whereas they did work in 10.1.2.2.

Example #1: The CookieHandler bean (PJC). In the Forms 10g demo download, there is the CookieHandler.java. This compiles to CookieHandler.class. You can wrap this into a .jar, called cookie.jar. The internal path within this .jar to the class is oracle\forms\demos\beans, or oracle.forms.demos.beans. Within the .fmb, the Bean Area item is created, and the implementation class is set to 'oracle.forms.demos.beans.CookieHandler'. The cookie.jar file IS specified in the list of .jars in formsweb.cfg.

Result #1: When running the .fmb in the java console, you will get:
          java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle.forms.handler.IHandler.getApplet()Ljava/applet/Applet;
               at oracle.forms.demos.beans.CookieHandler.init(CookieHandler.java:161)
               at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.instantiate(Unknown Source)
          ...........(and a list of java errors)....

It isn't finding the CookieHandler.class file. I don't know why? All of the pathing is correct, and IT WORKED IN FORMS 10.1.2.2.

Solution/Workaround #1: So....here is what it took to fix this issue:
          I took package CookieHandler.java, commented out the very top line of code (package oracle.forms.demos.beans;). I then generated CookieHandler.class. I wrapped it up into cookie.jar. The pathing within the .jar file to the .class file does NOT have directories like it did before. Then in the .fmb, the Bean Area item is created, and the implementation class is set to 'CookieHandler' (not 'oracle.forms.demos.beans.CookieHandler', like before). This solves the issue.

I repeated the workaround/solution above for numerous beans we have in numerous forms. But there are a few beans which we don't have source code for. This makes it very difficult.

Can Oracle please look into the issue described above. I believe many people are going to hit this issue with Forms 10.1.2.3, if they are using Form Java Beans.

(we are using Windows XP Pro OS for everything)

Thanks in advance.
          Matt
          • 2. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
            Thanks Matt for sharing this. Anyway I logged an SR.

Francois, do you have any thoughts on the above?

Rajesh Alex
            • 3. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
              user346369
              Rajesh Alex, could you edit your first post, and modify those three lines with the long jsessionid= strings?

They force the browser to create a super wide window, so the text in all the subsequent posts is difficult to read.

For example, you could add returns in the longest line like this:
              http://comp.dom.com/forms/lservlet;
              jsessionid=f7022b79f78511a4c35dbcc568a964f17de054a7c1adf58e8a666bc4a9fc007c.
              e34Ra34Qch0Kci0OchiPc3aQb3b0n6jAmljGr5XDqQLvpAe?ifcmd=getinfo&ifhost=1429-224
              &ifip=66.100.205.233

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ahhh! That's much better. Thank you. :-)

Message was edited by: Steve Cosner
              • 4. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                Steve , Hope its better now

Rajesh Alex
                • 5. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                  Matt W.
                  After further investigation, it appears the pathing is not the issue. It appears it is the recompile of the java code, against the new Patch 3 code, is what solves the issue with the Forms Beans. See the following thread:

First results of testing Patch Set 3...
                  • 6. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                    Well , I did recompiling of the forms against patch 3. In fact since my deployment server is in solaris, I need to recompile the forms everytime.

Let me wait for the SR updates

Rajesh Alex
                    • 7. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                      Andreas Leidner
                      It's not about recompiling the forms modules but recompiling any custom PJCs you might use.

The error you mentioned in the original post of this thread stems from using the old WebUtil 1.0.6 instead of the WebUtil (frmwebutil.jar) distributed with 10.1.2.3. (this is essentially the same issue as with custom PJCs: the old WebUtil 1.0.6 hasn't been compiled against the 10.1.2.3 frmall.jar by Oracle. Ensure that you're using the frmwebutil.jar with modification date 24th January 2008, 04:46 AM which is the 10.1.2.3 version and which has been compiled against the 10.1.2.3 frmall.jar by Oracle)

Best regards
                      Andreas
                      • 8. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                        Kudos to Andrea... U made my day . It worked

Rajesh Alex
                        • 9. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                          'Lo leidner,
                          can u explain where u have found the new webutil jar file (frmwebutil.jar in 24/01/2008 date), cause i have made an upgrade of my IAS server and i can't find this one .

Thank's .

Lionel
                          • 10. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                            Andreas Leidner
                            Actually until now we've only patched the developer suite to patch set 3 and the frmwebutil.jar is in the dev suite's %oracle_home%/forms/java directory. However, you should find the same file at the same location in the application server's oracle_home after upgrading it to patch set 3.
                            • 11. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                              Ok

I have find it in
                              Disk1\stage\Patches\oracle.developer.forms.builder\10.1.2.3.0\1\DataFiles\webutil.2.2.jar

thank's
                              • 12. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                                we have applied the patchset3 on the server and got the same error :NoSuchMethod:getApplet().. I looked into patch3 files and there is only one webutil.2.2.jar file. I tried copying the file into oracle-home\forms\java on application server and added this jar file weutil.2.2.jar to the webutil_archive in forms configuration, Form ran fine but it started giving other errors like "load: class oracle.forms.webutil.common.RegisterWebUtil not found." etc. thus failed to load webutil.
                                • 13. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                                  Hello,
                                  You don't have to put webutil.2.2.jar on u'r IAS, but have to extract frmwebutil.jar from it
                                  and replace the one you use with 1.2.2 version.

try this it may work better.

Lionel
                                  • 14. Re: Webutil and 10g  Patch 3 Error
                                    Hello,

Has anybody positive result with this patch? I have the same problem. We have updated frmwebutil.jar, but it does not help. Very disappointed …
                                    1 2 Previous Next