This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Normally, just opatch apply, unless it is a newer database CPU patch.
Critical Patch Update - Introduction to Database Napply CPU Patches
If the OPatch utility is needed for your product, then use the preceding steps to download the current release of the OPatch utility.
* OPatch release 220.127.116.11.57 can be downloaded from OracleMetaLink with patch 2617419. (Use patch 4104862 for MacOS updates or patch 4466958 for IBM z/OS updates for OPatch 1.0.)
* OPatch release 10.2.0.2.2 or later can be downloaded from OracleMetaLink with patch 4898608.
* For Database 10.2.0.3 CPU Patch, you must use the OPatch utility release 10.2.0.3.x or later. You can download it from OracleMetaLink with patch 4898608. Be sure to download the 10.2.0.3 version, and not either the 10.2.0.1 or 10.2.0.2 versions.
To determine which OPatch release to use, run the following command:
% opatch version
* If the system returns 18.104.22.168.XX, then use OPatch utility release 22.214.171.124.57 or later to apply the one-off patches. The release of the OPatch utility must remain at 126.96.36.199.XX to be compatible with your Oracle Inventory.
* If the system returns 10.2.0.2.X, then use OPatch utility release 10.2.0.2.2 or later to apply the one-off patches. The release of the OPatch utility must remain at 188.8.131.52.2.X to be compatible with your Oracle Inventory.
For more information about the OPatch utility, review Note 224346.1 and Note 189489.1.