1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2011 9:43 PM by user3719308

Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash

user522961
      Hi,
      in 11.5.10 R2 (DB 9.2.0) on Linux With IE 7 on client PC (Win XP). When in System Administrator Responsability I try to launch Security/user/define, IE crashes with this message :
      AppName: iexplore.exe     AppVer: 7.0.6000.16608     ModName: jvm.dll
      ModVer: 0.0.0.0     Offset: 0000e348
      But if I use FireFox no problem. Any idea ? Any help ?
      Many thanks.
        • 1. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
          Probably you should use the Sun native plug in(Sun JRE) which is recommended instead of JInitiator for IE7.

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
            As anmol said, it is highly recommended to upgrade from jinitiator to Java plug-in.
            http://oracle-apps-dba.blogspot.com/2008/03/upgrade-from-jinitiator-13-to-java.html

Although, make sure you're meeting the minimum required settings crtified with IE7:
            - Oracle Developer 6i patchset 18 (6.0.8.27.x) or later
            - Oracle Applications Technology 11i.ATG_PF.H Rollup 4 (RUP 4) (patch 4676589) or later

Aviad
            http://Oracle-Apps-DBA.blogspot.com
            • 3. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
              user522961
              We have done nothing on our system and suddenly this probleme , why ? Incredible. Java plug-in on user (client PC) ?
              For me it is a problem of user (client) PC and IE since Firefox works well.
              Many thanks.
              • 4. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                gareth.roberts
                Hi,

Solution is probably here:
                http://garethroberts.blogspot.com/2007/11/internet-explorer-7-crash-on-jvmdll.html

Related to add-ons in IE.
                Check the comments if the main post is not working for you.

Regards,
                Gareth

Blog: http://garethroberts.blogspot.com/

Message was edited by:
                gareth.roberts
                • 5. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Check Note: 430359.1 - Internet Explorer Crashes When Forms Is Launched
                  https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=430359.1
                  • 6. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                    user522961
                    Hi hsawwan,
                    thank for your reply. I saw that note but unfortunately the error report file is not generated.
                    Thanks.
                    • 8. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      Try to disable add-ons and check then.

- From IE, navigate to Tools > Manage Add-ons
                      - Disable Add-ons (you may try one by one to find out the one which cause the issue)
                      - Restart IE and check again
                      • 9. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                        mDy
                        Aviad,

Just exactly following your note. upgraded to JRE from JINIT.. but, Installation went fine .. but I coud'nt launch any forms.. JRE was installed successfully from the server. but in the window, am getting the error ..

error: java.lang/NoSuchMethodError:oracle.ewt.lwawt/LWTextField.. Forms are not openinig..

Addin the above, (FYI)
                        [applorc@oracle ~]$ f60gen
                        Forms 6.0 (Form Compiler) Version 6.0.8.25.2 (Production)

Forms 6.0 (Form Compiler): Release - Production

(c) Copyright 1999 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

PL/SQL Version 8.0.6.3.0 (Production)
                        Oracle Procedure Builder V6.0.8.21.0 Build #0 - Production
                        Oracle Virtual Graphics System Version 6.0.5.39.0 (Production)
                        Oracle Multimedia Version 6.0.8.25.0 (Production)
                        Oracle Tools Integration Version 6.0.8.17.0 (Production)
                        Oracle Tools Common Area Version 6.0.5.32.0
                        Oracle CORE Version 4.0.6.0.0 - Production

Any idea what could be wrong ?.. where can I get more info about this error..

Thanks
                        Yusuf
                        • 10. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                          mDy
                          In addition to the above,

**************************************************************************************
                          Apache logfile contains :

[Sun Apr  6 16:06:39 2008] [notice] Oracle HTTP Server Powered by Apache/1.3.19 configured -- resuming normal operations
                          [Sun Apr  6 16:07:42 2008] [error] [client 10.0.60.101] File does not exist: /d02/oracle/appl10g/prodcomn/java//
                          [Sun Apr  6 16:13:20 2008] [error] [client 192.168.0.84] File does not exist: /d02/oracle/appl10g/prodcomn/java//

and JRE Trace file is errored out :

network: Cache entry found [url: http://oracle.ali.com.kw:8021/OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndforms.jar, version: null]
                          network: Cache entry found [url: http://oracle.ali.com.kw:8021/OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndaol.jar, version: null]
                          basic: Loaded image: jar:http://oracle.ali.com.kw:8021/OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndaol.jar!/oracle/apps/media/splash.gif
                          network: Cache entry found [url: http://oracle.ali.com.kw:8021/OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndforms.jar, version: null]
                          basic: Loaded image: jar:http://oracle.ali.com.kw:8021/OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndforms.jar!/oracle/forms/icons/oracle_logo.gif
                          network: Cache entry found [url: http://oracle.ali.com.kw:8021/OA_JAVA/oracle/apps/fnd/jar/fndewt.jar, version: null]
                          java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle.ewt.lwAWT.lwText.LWTextField.setTextAlwaysLeftAligned(Z)V
                               at oracle.forms.engine.Main.initDesktop(Unknown Source)
                               at oracle.forms.engine.Main.start(Unknown Source)
                               at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
                               at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
                          basic: Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle.ewt.lwAWT.lwText.LWTextField
                          **************************************************************************************

Tried regenerating jarfiles from adadmin also.. but the same.

Thanks
                          Yusuf
                          • 11. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                            Please make sure you follow instructions in note-->
                            Metalink Note: 290807.1 - Upgrading Sun JRE with Oracle Applications 11i.
                            Have you renamed and placed the JRE x Plug-in on the Web Application Tier?
                            Also remember to download the correct version of sun jre.
                            Also if you ssl enable then you first need to migrate to forms servlet mode.
                            I used the above note and upgraded to sun jre 1.5.0.13 successfully.
                            • 12. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                              Please make sure you follow instructions in note-->
                              Metalink Note: 290807.1 - Upgrading Sun JRE with Oracle Applications 11i.
                              Have you renamed and placed the JRE x Plug-in on the Web Application Tier?
                              Also remember to download the correct version of sun jre.
                              Also if you ssl enable then you first need to migrate to forms servlet mode.
                              I used the above note and upgraded to sun jre 1.5.0.13 successfully.
                              • 13. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                                Guys: Few days back, I was encountering the same issue (on VISTA) and its quite obvious why the problem is happening. The patches on the Apps server and the version of the JINIT have to be focussed on to fix the problem.

There is a workaround which I was using: YES, use Firefox instead of IE7. And recently I was having trouble with both the browsers and from then on, could not access from both IE7 and Firefox.

Following is what I tried and never was able to fix the problem, until I installed Netscape Navigator 4.79 (Quite OLD, yet GOLD)

1. Uninstall, delete registry keys for Jinitiator, Java from SUN, Mozilla Browser (since IE donot work, I'm didnot play with it much).
                                2. Delete profile folders for ALL the three softwares as mentioned above.
                                3. Clean reboot, re-installed the Mozilla Browser and Jinitiator (No other Oracle products installed before and after the install of Jinitiator)

Start the APPLET (Access the forms from Oracle Applications portal, and our version is 11.5.10 and with Jinitiator Version 1.3.1.18) and BOOOOOOOM, the error again.

Just try this out instead of all these hassles with the new browsers which is having problems with the OLD plugin:
                                1. Install Netscape Navigator 4.79
                                2. Install the Oracle Jinitiator Version 1.3.1.18 (if not already installed)
                                3. Manually copy the file: NPJinit13118.dll (Usually NPJinitXXXXX.dll, where XXXXX will be the version number without the dot seperators) from "C:\Program Files\Oracle\JInitiator 1.3.1.18\bin\" to the plugins folder of Netscape Navigator which normally would be "C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\Plugins".
                                [Note: Usually system root will be in C-drive, if not change the path as appropriate]

Now, Close any Netscape browsers which was already open and re-open the browser and access the Oracle Applications portal to launch the forms APPLET. I believe, it should work just fine and FASTER than Mozilla and IE. Try it and update your feedback in the same thread
                                • 14. Re: Oracle JInitiator + Forms + IE = Crash
                                  When in System Administrator Responsability I try to launch Security/user/define I got this message

FRM-92050 Failed to connect to the server: Forms/Servlet-1
                                  I have been using IE 8.0.
                                  I`m newby with EBS.
                                  Could please someone help me ?
                                  Thank you
                                  1 2 Previous Next