12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2009 9:24 AM by SueHarper

EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit

Hi all!

I checked out from an existing repository using the HTTP protocol.
      After making changes to a file I wanted to commit the changes.
      I tried to choose "Commit..." from
      - The Versioning menu
      - Right mouse click on the Worksheet of the File
      - Right mouse click on the file tab on the left

Every one of them brought me the following error message after applying the Log message:
      org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.SVNClientException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Commit failed (details follow):
      svn: MKACTIVITY request failed on '/svn/project/!svn/act/598f8937-1901-0010-9f69-83fd84ec8eea'
      svn: can not read HTTP status line

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
      Hansi
        • 1. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
          Jsc
          Same here I can't commit changes.

I can update the files, browse history and view changes between each history revision and working copy, but if I try to commit I get the following error:

org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: authentication cancelled.

And the following stack:

org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.SVNClientException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: authentication cancelled
               at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.commit(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:274)
               at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.SVNOperationCommit.invokeCommit(SVNOperationCommit.java:206)
               at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.SVNOperationCommit.invokeCommandImpl(SVNOperationCommit.java:72)
               at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.AbstractSVNOperation.mav$invokeCommandImpl(AbstractSVNOperation.java:46)
               at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.AbstractSVNOperation$1.doCommitOperation(AbstractSVNOperation.java:105)
               at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSDialogCommitter$1.run(VCSDialogCommitter.java:82)
          Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: authentication cancelled
               at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:435)
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.throwException(SVNClientImpl.java:1311)
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.commit(SVNClientImpl.java:498)
               at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.commit(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:268)
               ... 5 more
          Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException: svn: authentication cancelled
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:30)
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.getFirstAuthentication(DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.java:164)
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.getUserName(FSRepository.java:1084)
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.fs.FSRepository.getCommitEditor(FSRepository.java:881)
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNCommitClient.doCommit(SVNCommitClient.java:644)
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNCommitClient.doCommit(SVNCommitClient.java:579)
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNCommitClient.doCommit(SVNCommitClient.java:549)
               at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.commit(SVNClientImpl.java:496)
               ... 6 more
          • 2. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
            SueHarper
            I have reported this to the developer.

Sue
            • 3. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
              John McGinnis-Oracle
              OK, I've spent some time digging into this. First, let me say that it is definitely a bug; that seems obvious, but I wanted to be clear that this is something we need to fix properly.

In the meantime, the problem seems to occur when 1) the repository is configured to require authentication; and 2) no authentication information has been stored locally by any other Subversion clients (command line, Eclipse, whatever). In this case, what should happen is that the user is prompted for a username and password. What is happening is that internally, we are instead treating the authentication request as if the user canceled the dialog. Thus the exception saying that authentication was cancelled.

The workaround is to make sure that step 2) doesn't get triggered. Try using a command-line subversion tool to commit work to the repository first. This should store authentication information. On linux, this should get stored under ~/.subversion/auth/svn.simple. On Windows, it's under "Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Subversion\auth\svn.simple". Hopefully, once the authentication information is stored there SQL Developer will correctly pick it up on commits.

And before you ask, yes you can specify a username and password when you create a subversion connection. But as near as I can tell, that doesn't get used. One more facet to the bug, I guess :(

- John
              SQL Developer Team
              • 4. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
                John McGinnis-Oracle
                Hmm, okay, my response above is primarily for the second post (the long stack trace on teh commit). For the error in the first post, my initial guess is that something is wrong with the communication between the client and server. A misconfigured proxy, maybe? I'd try a command-line commit if possible to see if that works (still making sure to use the http protocol). The error seems to indicate that it is trying to talk to the server, but not getting a correctly formatted HTTP response.

- John
                SQL Developer Team
                • 5. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
                  i am having the same commit problem. i have downloaded the latest version of sqldeveloper 1.51.54.40 but same problem persists when i attempt to commit.

commit -m "" C:/Documents and Settings/t_buches/My Documents/sqls_svn/chartrec_check.sql
                  svn: authentication cancelled
                  svn: authentication cancelled

i have taken the suggestion of committing using another svn client. i am using
                  TortoiseSVN 1.4.8, Build 12137 - 32 Bit and simply did a commit from Windows Explorer. nothing ever showed in the subversion dir's for svn.simple.

how soon till release that fixes this?
                  • 6. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
                    Hello,

I am having the same problem, did anybody find a solution to this issue?
                    I am using the last SQL Developer ver. 1.5.4.5940

Regards,
                    M.R.
                    • 7. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
                      Hi,

A few days ago, I got the same exception, but I was using wrong password :(
                      If your /home/myuser/.subversion/auth/svn.simple/xxxxxxx file exists, then look there for the real password.
                      I am using RHEL 5.3 and SVN version 1.4.2. My SVN repository is open for read and simple user authentication for write.

Regards,
                      qiozas.
                      • 8. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
                        user7047382 wrote:
                        Hello,

I am having the same problem, did anybody find a solution to this issue?
                        I am using the last SQL Developer ver. 1.5.4.5940

Regards,
                        M.R.
                        Same problem
                        • 9. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
                          I currently use TOAD with TurtoiseSVN and PushOK plugin, which kind of works. But I wanted to have another look at SQL Developer, and see how it copes with Subversion.

So I editted a file in my work area, pressed Commit...
                          Then appears: "Committing Resources", "Log in to Subversion", "Enter password:"
                          What password ???

I am able to commit the changed file via TurtoiseSVN, but not via SQL Developer. What's going on here ?

This is my error log:>
                          org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.SVNClientException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: authentication cancelled
                               at org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.javahl.AbstractJhlClientAdapter.commit(AbstractJhlClientAdapter.java:316)
                               at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.SVNOperationCommit.invokeCommit(SVNOperationCommit.java:206)
                               at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.SVNOperationCommit.invokeCommandImpl(SVNOperationCommit.java:72)
                               at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.AbstractSVNOperation.mav$invokeCommandImpl(AbstractSVNOperation.java:46)
                               at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.svn.op.AbstractSVNOperation$1.doCommitOperation(AbstractSVNOperation.java:105)
                               at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSDialogCommitter$1.run(VCSDialogCommitter.java:82)
                          • 10. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
                            Shaun S
                            Same here. Any solution or should we wait until R 2.0 of SQL developer?

Thank you.
                            Shaun
                            • 11. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
                              I had the same error "org.tigris.subversion.svnclientadapter.SVNClientException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Commit failed (details follow):
                              svn: MKACTIVITY request failed on ....
                              svn: can not read HTTP status line"

The reason was an incorrect proxy in JDeveloper. I solved it by disabling the proxy: Tools -> Preferences -> Web Browser and Proxy.
                              • 12. Re: EA3: Versioning : Subversion - Commit
                                SueHarper
                                Please do not hijack old threads. The EA3 in the subject line refers to an early 2008 and now we're late 2009 and the SQL Developer 2.1 EA2 is now available.

What release are you working with and testing?

This thread is now closed. Please ask the SQL Developer 2.1 questions on a new thread. EA3 of SQL Developer 1.5 is no longer available.

Sue