5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2008 4:10 AM by 624965

CREATE A CATALOGUE

Hi

How can I create a new catalog?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: CREATE A CATALOGUE
          You can create Catalogue in Inventory Module for general purpose. For extensive purpose you can use iProcurement.

Thanks
          S.Shanthakumar
          • 2. Re: CREATE A CATALOGUE
            What kind of catalogue you are looking for... Can you give more detail requirement.
            • 3. Re: CREATE A CATALOGUE
              Hi

Thanks for the response but i have solved the issue

Regards
              Anju
              • 4. Re: CREATE A CATALOGUE
                It would be great if you can tell what was your issue and how u solved it, so that people using this forum can get benefit.
                • 5. Re: CREATE A CATALOGUE
                  These are steps given to me by another user. And it works !!!

Step1 : Create the items in the item master

Step2: In iProc, using the econtent manager responsibility.. eContent Manager > Online Schema Maintenance > Manage Item Categories you have to create the category.

Example
                  Category Name Category Key Description
                  Generic Software-Software 1000001 .

Step 3:
                  eContent Manager > Online Schema Maintenance > Map Oracle Purchasing Categories

Use this facility to map your Supplier Categories to your Oracle Purchasing categories so that when a supplier item is requisitioned, an Oracle category is used on the Requisition and PO line. These mappings should be setup once Purchasing has been setup, but they can be amended if required.

Example :

Category Name Purchasing Category
                  Generic Software-Software 400-TS100

Step 5:
                  If you are loading the category items, first time you have to rebuilt index. Hope you can get the rebuilt index solution from metalink.

Step 6:
                  Now you create the excel sheet with data and load it using the eContent Manager responsibility.