6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2008 9:54 AM by 628722

Oracle PO & PDOI

Hi ,

I have following situation on our PO.
      We create a PO with line info as

ITEM DATE PRICE QTY
      -------- -------- ---------- ----------
      ABC 1-JUN-08 100 1000

we provide this to supplier and after their assesment after a week or so supplier gives back tentive ship date

1-JUN-08 300
      3-JUN-08 400
      5-JUN-08 300.

we have a requirement based on this information. We need to split the PO line automatically using this information...so above line has be to split automatically as following

ITEM DATE PRICE QTY
      -------- -------- ---------- ----------
      ABC 1-JUN-08 100 300
      ABC 3-JUN-08 100 400
      ABC 5-JUN-08 100 300

can we do this using PO Open Interface?

Thanks in advance
      Prashant Pathak
        • 1. Re: Oracle PO & PDOI
          Prashant,
          Not sure of your version.

If you are on 11.5.9 the only way you can do this is cancelling the origial line using PO_DOCUMENT_CONTROL_PUB and creating all three lines using PDOI with action ADD.

In 12 this functionality is seemingly available to split instead of cancelling or updating the line (ACTION =UPDATE) and recreating the lines using action ADD.

Thanks
          Nagamohan
          • 2. Re: Oracle PO & PDOI
            But there is one documented way of updating the quantity on the PO line. You can use PO_CHANGE_API1_S to update quantity and add lines.

Thanks
            Nagamohan
            • 3. Re: Oracle PO & PDOI
              Anil Aadimulam-Oracle
              Hi ,

In 11.5.10 , generally using PO entry form for this kind of cases we change the Quanty and need by date of the existing shipment and for the remaining quantity we add additional shipments to match the requirement, i guess this should be possible using PO open interface also.
              • 4. Re: Oracle PO & PDOI
                Hi,

I am on 11.5.10.2

Thanks & Regards
                Prashant Pathak
                • 5. Errors to open Purchase Orders form. errors:frm-40815
                  user2626293
                  Hi,

When the user tries to open the {color:#000080}*Purchase Orders*{color} form(standard form) for the *{color:#000080}first time{color}* from a {color:#000080}*custom form*{color} and clicks on the "{color:#000080}*Open PO*{color}" button of custom form,gets the following error messages:

{color:#000080}*"FRM-40815: Variable GLOBAL.PO_FORMID does not exist"*{color}
                  *"{color:#000080}FRM-40815: Variable GLOBAL.PO_FORMID does not exist"{color}*

Could you please help in this regard that we can supress the above errors?

Thanks in advance.

Regrads,
                  Srinivas
                  • 6. Re: Errors to open Purchase Orders form. errors:frm-40815
                    Is this is custom variable which you are using. I dont thimkn standard PO code has this.

I would say this is because in your custom code somewhere you are doing a name_in on this global variable and its blowing up.
                    But down some where in your code you initialize the global variable.

So when you open the form next time the variable is created and your code does not blow up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
                    Arun