6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2011 8:43 PM by Christian Erlinger

SEND KEYS USING VBA EXCEL TO ORACLE FORMS

mlov83
      Hello everyone im pretty much a noob to oracle forms. the company i work for just acquire the a new financial system which runs on "oracle developer forms runtime" Im trying to figuere out if there is a way to use vba to send keys to the forms... I know I can upload to the tables and make it appear on the forms but im trying to see if i can do it another way. I have downloaded the webutil I dont have server access but i do have access to the forms as a end user. Anywho is this possible? any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: SEND KEYS USING VBA EXCEL TO ORACLE FORMS
          I'm not too sure what is sendkeys vba. But you can use webutil to execute host commands (MS-DOS CMD).

Nilaksha.
          • 2. Re: SEND KEYS USING VBA EXCEL TO ORACLE FORMS
            mlov83
            what i mean is from within excel i can write macros to work with other programs. I.e. loop through a worksheet and put fields on a worksheet on a form. is there a way to do that using send keys or is there a better way to loop through a worksheet? I'm having issues with the web utility install.
            • 3. Re: SEND KEYS USING VBA EXCEL TO ORACLE FORMS
              Have you tried out OLE2 Container? You can import Excel/Word into forms as a OLE2 object. Webutil supports this feature. If are running 6i, it can directly communicate with other applications using DDE in-built package.
              • 4. Re: SEND KEYS USING VBA EXCEL TO ORACLE FORMS
                mlov83
                my understanding is the OLE container is part if of web util. what im trying to figuer out is if there is a way to send keys to forms just by using vb script or any other script. Oracle forms are not the same as HTML forms so im trying to figuer out how I would do this if i have no backend capabilities. I hope this is a way to do this.
                • 5. Re: SEND KEYS USING VBA EXCEL TO ORACLE FORMS
                  You could download a dataloader. Just google it.

If you don't want to use dataloader, yes, you can build and excel marco. you would have to use AppActivate "X" where X is the name of the Oracle instance (ie. that you see at the top left of the Oracle apps). You would also need to use sendkeys function. Use AppActivate, build 2 nested loops (outter for rows, inner for columns), select the value from the cell the uses sendkeys to send the value to the active app:
                  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa202943(v=office.10).aspx
                  You also need to use some sort of sleep function because excel will process the rows faster than Oracle.

Should look something like:
                  AppActivate "Oracle Applications"
                  Do While M<100
                  Do While N < 100
                  SendKeys ActiveSheet.Cells(N, M).value
                  loop
                  loop
                  • 6. Re: SEND KEYS USING VBA EXCEL TO ORACLE FORMS
                    Christian Erlinger
                    finally, after 3 years the OP can continue his work...

or is it spam? at least the link to MSDN seems real (don't want to click on it)

cheers