This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2009 8:29 AM by 716762 RSS

Page number in RTF Template

user525275 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have created a RFT template by converting seeded RDF report using XML Publisher 5.6.3.

In the RTF Template I want to print some form fields only on the first page. I cant get a hold of the page number.

Also the fields like Reporting Level and Reporting Context are not printed on the RTF template.

How to do this?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    634563 Explorer
    You can have a different header on the first page so assuming your layout fits you could include the stuff you want only on the first page in the first page header and have a different header for the second and subsequent pages.

Not sure about your other issue. What is your source for the XML? Are you still using the Oracle Report or have you converted to data Template also?

Cheers,
    Dave
  • 2. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    524753 Guru
    1. do you have Reporting Level and Reporting Context in XML ?
    2. do you have Reporting Level and Reporting Context in RTF ?

3. are you not able to see the page number in output?
    do you have the field in RTF ?
    open rtf , use the microsoft page numbering, you dont need to do anything else,
    page number will be displayed.

4. which field you want to display in first page ?
    you want that to be displayed in header or footer ?
    you can differentiate page first & others in those regions only.
  • 3. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    user525275 Newbie
    <br>
    When I converted the RDF to XML it created a Data Template and I uploaded that
    template to the XML Publisher. ALso uploaded the RTF Template.
    Then I run the concurrent request of that  report which output is set to XML.

When RTFTemplateGenerator API created the RTF Template it  had all the fields in the Body of the page not in the Header.
    I want to move the part of the body to the Header. How do i do it? I want to print the part of the body only on the first page

This is my XML data I get
    In my XML file I have this
    <b>
    <C_SELECT_LE>le.name</C_SELECT_LE>
      <C_SELECT_OU>ou.name</C_SELECT_OU></b>
      <C_ORG_FROM_TABLES> hr_organization_information oi, hr_all_organization_units_tl le, hr_all_organization_units_tl ou </C_ORG_FROM_TABLES>
      <C_MULTI_ORG_WHERE> AND atb.org_id = oi.organization_id
            AND oi.org_information_context = 'Operating Unit Information'
            AND DECODE(LTRIM(oi.org_information3,'0123456789'), NULL
                , TO_NUMBER(oi.org_information3)
                , NULL ) = 4
            AND DECODE(LTRIM(oi.org_information2,'0123456789'), NULL
                , TO_NUMBER(oi.org_information2)
                , NULL ) = le.organization_id
            AND ou.organization_id = oi.organization_id
            AND ou.language = USERENV('LANG')
            AND le.language = USERENV('LANG')  </C_MULTI_ORG_WHERE>
  • 4. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    634563 Explorer
    As you are using the original report to generate the XML you do no need the data Template. You need to add the reporting level and context to the XML which you can do by creating a placeholder column for each and setting them to those two values. The placeholders will, by default, be included in the XML.

You need to open the rtf template in MS Word and move the relevant portion of the body into your header. Then go into the page layout and in the layout tab check the different first page option under headers and footers.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • 5. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    user525275 Newbie
    When you say create the placeholders columns u mean create them in the original RDF file.

How can i move the body part to header as it has form fields. Word doesnt allow me to move form fields to header.
  • 6. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    user525275 Newbie
    I was able to move part of the body to header but in PDF Preview the header always prints in the body section and header is empty
  • 7. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    632355 Newbie
    This is a problem with XML Pub 5.6.2 ...The header doesnt appear proeperly ..Use the BI Publisher 10.x.x.x .. I had the same problem yesterday :-) !!! Thanks to my friend who let me know this before ispent too much time on this !! :-)

Venkat
  • 8. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    634563 Explorer
    Yes modify the original RDF with the new placeholders.

Form fields are not allowed in the header so you have to key the raw element codes (e.g. <?ELEMENT_NAME?>)

Regarding your problem with the header not displaying properly, I have never seen that problem and have used headers on most of my templates. What version are you using. Assuming EBS you should get onto v5.6.3.

Regards,
    Dave
  • 9. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    user525275 Newbie
    I was able to use the header properly with the raw element codes. Thanks very much.

When I created the palceholder columns in the RDF and ran the request. I still dont see the placeholder columns in the generated XML. Do I have to bounce something or what am i doing wrong?
  • 10. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    user525275 Newbie
    I fugured it out. Thanks so much guys.
  • 11. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    634563 Explorer
    In my experience they are included in the XML by default but in the placeholder properties there is an option to "include in XML" so it might be that that option is set to no.

The other option is that the placeholders are NULL in which case the tags will not be included in the XML. Try adding some debugging in the report to determine exactly what the placeholder columns are being set to.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • 12. Re: Page number in RTF Template
    716762 Newbie
    What is the place holder to get current page number?