1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2008 2:46 AM by 557833

unable to Locate this page(xml)  file

I followed exactly as per Mukul's site to extend th OAF page.
      when I click on the 'About page' of the OAF page that I want to extend, it comes up with the page name as

/oracle/apps/per/selfservice/hrviews/webui/ViewEpiPG 115.17

I looked in server.xml file for this package. It has all the VOs that I need and that I can modify.

But I am not able to locate the (xml) file that displays the page.

Don't I need it?

Pls advise. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
          PG.xml file will be found in the mds repository. You will find it in <PROD_TOP>/mds/.../webui. This file would be necessary to run the page from jDeveloper. The other way is to extend VO/AM/CO and then deploy on the server to see the changes. Generally, it is advisable to run the page in local machine (jDeveloper) first to see if the extension is successful and then deploy it on the server.
          • 2. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
            HI,
            U mean to say that u were not able to find the page in server if yes then in which TOP in server ur searching it.
            Thanks
            • 3. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
              Thanks to you. I got the viewEPIPG.xml file from the mds directory.

When I add that file to the project in my workspace and try to run that .xml file, I get this error:
              oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: Could not load application module 'oracle.apps.per.selfservice.hrviews.server.EmpPerInfoAM'. at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAJSPApplicationRegistry.registerApplicationModule(OAJSPApplicationRegistry.java:279)

Does this give any clue what I am doing wrong?

Thanks so much.
              • 4. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                Do I need to store this PG.xml file in a specific location?

I got this far...yet I am not able to run standard OA page thru JDeveloper :(

I think I got all the files that I need. I need to make this (PG) .xml file to run from JDeveloper first ..so I can extend the page to display a field from another table.

Can someone consolidate the step? Pls . I already tried Mukul's blog.

The AM that I am trying is oracle.apps.per.selfservice.hrviews

thanx.
                • 5. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                  Check whether oracle.apps.per.selfservice.hrviews.server.EmpPerInfoAM is in myclasses. Also, is it attached to your project in jDeveloper.
                  • 6. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                    Where did you store the PG.xml?

It should be in myprojetcs/oracle/apps/PROD_TOP/path_from_MDS_TOP

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                    • 7. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                      I am trying to run another tutorial page given in the JDeveloper 9i - Purchase Order Page.

I got this error when I try to run; I got no compilation error though.

what does this mean?

Thanks.

---------------------------
                      Fatal Error: Unable to write to the transaction log (/C:/JDeveloper9i/jdevhome/jdev/system9.0.3.5.1453/oc4j-config/log/transaction.state), possible reasons for this are that Orion lacks permission to write to the file, or that another instance of the server is already running with this configuration (most common): Unable to alter transaction log

Process exited with exit code 1.
                      • 8. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                        What do you mean?

this is where I got the PG file from:
                        /u11/app/appsymerpt/symerptappl/per/11.5.0/mds/selfservice/hrviews/webui

and this is where I put it:
                        C:\OracleJDeveloper9i\jdevhome\jdev\myprojects\oracle\apps\per\selfservice\hrviews\webui

Looks ok?
                        • 9. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                          Avaneesh Jain
                          you can get PG file from $PER_TOP/mds/selfservice/hrviews/webui

and put it $JDEV_USER_HOME/myprojects\oracle\apps\per\selfservice\hrviews\webui

Thanks
                          • 10. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                            which issue are we discussing here .... Are you working on ViewEpiPG or 'Purchase Order Page' from the tutorials.

Is your jDeveloper configuration running good ... Are you able to run any of the tutorials successfully. The Fatal error looks generic and I think is related to the setup of jdev.
                            • 11. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                              The page location is fine. For the error delete that system folder from the jdev and try again.

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                              • 12. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                                I should delete what system folder from jdev? what folder do I exactly delete?

Thanks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                                ------

The page location is fine. For the error delete that system folder from the jdev and try again.

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                                • 13. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                                  Hi,
                                  Shiv is asking u to delete /jdevbin/system folder.
                                  Thanks
                                  • 14. Re: unable to Locate this page(xml)  file
                                    You have to delete the folder system9.0.3.5.1453 in path C:/JDeveloper9i/jdevhome/jdev/system9.0.3.5.1453

--Shiv                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
                                    1 2 Previous Next