5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2009 4:19 PM by 690872

Oracle Sitemap Provider with 10g R1

please help,
      I know implementation of oracle sitemap provider needs change notiffcation feature in database, which is why it doesnt work in 10G R1. I have successfully use the oracle sitemap provider, but when i try to add the site map node or giving roles to some node, the sitemap doesnt refresh that instantly.
      Is there any work around for this problem.
      Any help will be verymuch appreciated

Message was edited by:
      user633898
        • 1. Re: Oracle Sitemap Provider with 10g R1
          Have you granted 'change notification' to the user who is used to connect to your 10gR1 in the configuration file?
          • 2. Re: Oracle Sitemap Provider with 10g R1
            thank you very much for your replay shsu,
            could you be more specific on how to grant 'change notification' to the user who is connected to 10gR1? . My Implementation of ora sitemap provider in 10gR2 or 10gXE its not having this kind of problem, the sitemap refresh instantly when there is an update to the sitemap db. for the XE and R2 i dont configure anything in my asp config, i just use the standard config that explained in the oracle asp provider document.
            • 3. Re: Oracle Sitemap Provider with 10g R1
              "change notification" privilege is required for the SiteMap and Cache Dependency providers.
              I am not sure which config example you are following. If you are following the first example, you need to look up your machine.config for the connection string. If you are following the second example, you will see the following in the web.config.

<connectionStrings>
              <add name="my_webevent_app_con_string" connectionString=
              "User Id=scott;Password=tiger;Data Source=Oracle"/>
              </connectionStrings>

where scott is used to connect to your database.
              In this case, you will need to connect as DBA to the same database and grant "change notification" privilege to scott.

It's possible that the user, who you used to connect to your XE and R2, already has the privilege thus it works fine for you.
              • 4. Re: Oracle Sitemap Provider with 10g R1
                thx again for your speedy reply,

but I'm afraid i can't grant "change notification" privilege to user in my DB. the "change notification" feature is not supported in 10 g R1, it is new feature that introduce in 10 G r2.

If this is the answer, I guest there is no work around for this, unless I use 10G R2.

its that right shsu? :)
                • 5. Re: Oracle Sitemap Provider with 10g R1
                  I am having this issue with a 10.2 database. Change Notification has been granted to the connecting user. When I add a node in ora_aspnet_sitemap it does not show up in my databound asp:menu control. Previously added nodes show up just fine. I know the nodes are there and accessible (I can query them with Oracle.DataAccess objects that use the same connection string as the sitemapprovider). Furthermore, I notice that the very first time I open Visual Studios 2008 and run my site locally, I get the following error message:

"Multiple nodes with the same URL '/~temp emp.aspx' were found. XmlSiteMapProvider requires that sitemap nodes have unique URLs."

Stack Trace:
                  [InvalidOperationException: Multiple nodes with the same URL '/~temp     emp.aspx' were found. XmlSiteMapProvider requires that sitemap nodes have unique URLs.]
                  System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode) +717
                  Oracle.Web.SiteMap.OracleSiteMapProvider.BuildSiteMap() +3454
                  System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.FindSiteMapNode(String rawUrl) +133
                  System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetNodes() +193

After I get this error, if I run the site again, it loads fine (albiet missing the newly added nodes). What I find interesting about the error message is that I do not have a "/~temp emp.aspx" node in my ora_aspnet_sitemap table, nor is there a page in my site with this name.

Any ideas, solutions?