11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2010 8:51 PM by 816336

Can't start DBCA

RHEL 4.6 64-bit.
      Oracle 10.2 64-bit

I got these error after trying it invoke dbca

UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni10
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: get
      at oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.get(Native Method)
      at oracle.net.config.Config.getNetDir(Unknown Source)
      at oracle.net.config.Config.initConfig(Unknown Source)
      at oracle.net.config.Config.<init>(Unknown Source)
      at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.NetworkUtils.<init>(NetworkUtils.java:222)
      at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.step.StepContext.<init>(StepContext.java:255)
      at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.backend.Host.<init>(Host.java:682)
      at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.ui.UIHost.<init>(UIHost.java:205)
      at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.ui.InteractiveHost.<init>(InteractiveHost.java:54)
      at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.getHost(Dbca.java:160)
      at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.execute(Dbca.java:94)
      at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.main(Dbca.java:180)

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Can't start DBCA
          damorgan
          Read the installation docs here:
          http://docs.oracle.com
          and veirfy sure you have done each and every pre-installation step correctly.
          • 2. Re: Can't start DBCA
            I did.

I followed "Oracle® Database Installation Guide 10g Release 2 (10.2) for Linux x86-64"
            • 3. Re: Can't start DBCA
              Madrid
              Let's assume your installation process was successful and you saw no error during the linking phase.

Verify the value of the LD_LIBARARY_PATH32 environment variable

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH32=$ORACLE_HOME/lib32

and make sure the files lib/libnjni10.so and lib32/libnjni10.so exist

~ Madrid

http://hrivera99.blogspot.com/
              • 4. Re: Can't start DBCA
                Ivan Kartik
                and make sure the files lib/libnjni10.so and lib32/libnjni10.so exist
                I belive that the library does not exist.

In case you are sure about steps as Daniel mentioned in his post and the error still persist then post following informations:
                rpm -q binutils compat-db compat-libstdc++-33 glibc glibc-devel glibc-headers gcc gcc-c++ libstdc++ cpp make libaio ksh elfutils-libelf sysstat libaio libaio-devel setarch --qf '%{name}.%{arch}\n'|sort
                Errors from $ORACLE_HOME/install/make.log file.
                • 5. Re: Can't start DBCA
                  I added LD_LIBRARY_PATH32 and after querying RPM for all packages that Ivan posted looks like I was missing compat-libstdc++. I installed both 32 and 64-bit version.

How do I relink now?
                  • 6. Re: Can't start DBCA
                    Ivan Kartik
                    cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
                    ./relink all
                    • 7. Re: Can't start DBCA
                      try

cd into $ORACLE_HOME/bin

then type: ln -s $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libnjni10.dylib $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libnjni10 , then ENTER

then type: ln -s $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.dylib $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.dylib.10.1

After that go into $ORACLE_HOME/bin and start ./netca
                      • 8. Re: Can't start DBCA
                        It works!!

Thanks guys!!
                        • 9. Re: Can't start DBCA
                          execute $ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink all > $ORACLE_HOME/install/make.log on a terminal window or an XManager

Thanks

Syed Hasan Zubair
                          • 10. Re: Can't start DBCA
                            you need to install the binutils package. Download from here.

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/compat-oracle/files/RedHat/

For the successful installation follow this site. many thanks to the site owner and the documenter and the Researcher.

http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml#CheckingSoftwarePackages

further to validate your prerequiste, you can also install the "oracle-Validated RPM"

http://oss.oracle.com/el5/oracle-validated/
                            http://blogs.oracle.com/sergio/2008/08/revisiting_the_oraclevalidated_1.html
                            http://blogs.oracle.com/AlejandroVargas/2008/10/the_oraclevalidated_rpm_is_ava.html

Thanks

Syed Hasan Zubair
                            • 11. Re: Can't start DBCA
                              Hi,

I have simmillar problem and i am not able to following action plan as none of the file is available in my environment.
                              cd $ORACLE_HOME/lib/
                              ls libnjni10.dylib
                              No such file or directory
                              ls libclntsh.dylib
                              No such file or directory

What could be the reason???
                              i created the files as
                              touch $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libnjni10.dylib
                              touch $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.dylib

ln -s $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libnjni10.dylib $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libnjni10
                              ln -s $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.dylib $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.dylib.10.1

#dbca
                              Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: get
                              at oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.get(Native Method)
                              at oracle.net.config.Config.getNetDir(Unknown Source)
                              at oracle.net.config.Config.initConfig(Unknown Source)
                              at oracle.net.config.Config.<init>(Unknown Source)
                              at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.NetworkUtils.<init>(NetworkUtils.java:225)
                              at oracle.sysman.assistants.util.step.StepContext.<init>(StepContext.java:264)
                              at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.backend.Host.<init>(Host.java:686)
                              at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.ui.UIHost.<init>(UIHost.java:205)
                              at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.ui.InteractiveHost.<init>(InteractiveHost.java:54)
                              at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.getHost(Dbca.java:160)
                              at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.execute(Dbca.java:94)
                              at oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca.main(Dbca.java:180)

Any Help will be highly appreciated. the nevironment is linux RH (el) (5.5) x86 database 10.2 (with patchset 10.2.0.4).

I gnored few errors related to linking during install of database and patch both as many blocks were mentioning to do so.