1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 173 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2008 3:00 AM by Aman.... Go to original post RSS
      • 100. Re: My thoughts on OCP
        Madrid
        Thank you Eduardo.

From time to time blogspot doesn't properly display my page. When I am accessing it as a regular non authenticated user I can see there are a lot of missing sections. When I sing on I can see it completely from my administrator perspective. If things keep on go on this way I am considering changing the blog facility provider.

Regards
        • 101. Re: My thoughts on OCP
          Eduardo Legatti
          Hi,

>>If things keep on go on this way I am considering changing the blog facility provider.
          Ok, I forgot to mention that I'm using the browser Mozilla Firefox ... I think that you have designed your blog using the Internet Explorer, right? I think that the "problem" depends of which browser (IE or others) we are using in order to post our articles ... I reminder that I had a problem with IE (Internet Explorer) and I notice that many readers that come to visit my blog use Mozilla firefox ... So, I have decided to use Mozilla Firefox since then ... In short, I think that if I'll use IE, I'll get see your blog without problems.

Cheers

Legatti
          • 102. Re: My thoughts on OCP
            Madrid
            Actually I use Mozilla. I don't know what could be the problem.

Regards
            • 103. Re: My thoughts on OCP
              Eduardo Legatti
              Hi,

>>Actually I use Mozilla
              That's strange ... It seems some <tag> problem ... If help, you can try post this problem at http://help.blogger.com/

Cheers

Legatti
              • 104. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                Madrid
                There is something strange with my Blog, if you click on the link of the latest published article, the left navigation bar appears. Why? I don't know.

Thanks for the remark Eduardo.

Regards
                • 105. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                  Dear pgoel,
                  What I think, if you are a genuine DBA then you should not be bothering much >> about expensive courses & certifications, your hands on experience &
                  knowledge will take you to the heaven you deserve though you will not be titled >> like OCM, OCP etc by Oracle.
                  Sometimes the experience you have is not enough to get a better job or to move on, if you are competing with others DBAs with the same time of experience that you, I'm 100% sure that if they had any kind of certification, they will be 1 step ahead of you to get that position. The market prefers "Certified" professionals. I agree with everybody, the certification at OCA, OCP,OCE level is a joke, it's so easy to get it, but is a true. I saw so many excellent candidates lose excellent opportunities only because they don't have any certification.

Regards,

Francisco Munoz Alvarez
                  • 106. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                    I'll have to start claiming the equivalent of about 75 years experience with Oracle.
                    Better still, how about some verifiable credentials?
                    Thanks for reminding us that time spent and experience gained aren't necessarily the same thing.
                    As far as you go, who knows? You seem embarassed about your training and experience, why else would you hide it?
                    • 107. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                      Dear Madrid,

I did not saw your previous post before I put mine. Excelent post.

Regards,

Francisco Munoz Alvarez
                      • 108. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                        " I saw so many excellent candidates lose excellent opportunities only because they don't have any certification."

You can flip that statement around and say employers lost out on excellent candidates because they've limited their selection via certification pre-requisites. Experienced DBAs on an interview panel would not limit themselves by a certification selection, mainly because there are better ways to find out if someone is good or not in an interview, asking technical questions or scenario questions for example. If you have a certification you need to be able to back it up. They're selling degrees over email now - there are ways to weed these people out and they're not to be taken for granted...
                        • 109. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                          Dear Stellios,

I agree with you. But many clients (not consulting companies) do not have so much knowledge at oracle side and do this kind of mistakes. Very often I'll say because I know many clients that have their own DBA (called by them Oracle Experts with OCA and OCP), and in the end they are really a DBO.

If you have a certification and a good experience, you will have a great advantage against the competition (only good experience, or only a certification).

Regards,

Francisco
                          • 110. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                            Aman....
                            Madrid,
                            EXCELLENT!
                            I don't think anything else is needed to be said.But I guess OCP is formal shirt and trousre with tie and OCM is a 2000$ Park Avenue suit ;-).
                            I would like to see myself in suit with tie because without tie,suit doesn't look so good ;-).
                            Jokes apart, very well said!
                            Aman....
                            • 111. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                              Aman,

You need to Add some 4000$ to your suit as there are two advanced Oracle courses also have to be attended for OCM ;-)

-Amit
                              http://askoracledba.wordpress.com
                              • 112. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                                Aman....
                                Amit,
                                You need to Add some 4000$ to your suit as there are two advanced Oracle courses also have to be attended for OCM ;-)

LOL! Yeah I forgot about two "official course" requirement.Ok may be I need to wait a little more for my suit ;-).
                                Aman....
                                • 113. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                                  In other fields, Microsoft or Cisco for example, I think it is mandatory in nearly all cases that if they are going for an advanced position that they have certifications, however, there certifications may have more stringent standards? I can see why some management, HR or recruiters may ask for these. Still, I'd be asking the person being interviewed to back up their credentials by answering questions correctly, hard for management sometimes.
                                  • 114. Re: My thoughts on OCP
                                    The microsoft certification include multiple options answers and a practical test.

Regards,

Francisco Munoz Alvarez
                                    1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next