This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
I had a similar issue with excel crashing with Hyperion 9.3.1. But it was related to two different versions of SmartView installed in the same machine and obvious after clearing the registry and reinstalling, it worked.
I dont know if we can see any error log file for the same. Mayb u shud try the windows event viewer for any errors that occured.
Hope this helps
Try to find the patch for Smart View.
The version 188.8.131.52.2.004 is instaled by default.
We have searched that patch in Hyperion Download Center but we didn't find anything. Could you tell us the name of this patch and where we could find it, please.
Here is Oracle's Smart View page:
To download the newest version of Smart View you will need to go to the e-delivery site:
1) Coose your language and continue
2) For the product pack select Hyperion Performance Management and BI
3) For platform choose Windows 32 bit
4) Select go and click on Hyperion Performance Management and BI (9.3.1) Media Pack for Microsoft Windows (32-bit)
5) Scroll down and download Hyperion Smart View for Office Release 184.108.40.206 Microsoft Windows x86 Installer
6) This will give you a zip file with the latest Smart View exe file
Hi, thank you for your answer.
On the e-delivery site we found the version 220.127.116.11, but after the download we checked the version.xml and there is the minor version 18.104.22.168 so for me the actual version on the e-delilvery is 22.214.171.124.2 .
On the old download site of Hyperion (hyperion.subscribenet.com) we found the version 126.96.36.199.4. Do you know it this one resolves the Excel problem? We always couldn’t find the version 188.8.131.52.2.004
Thanks in advance