3 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2008 2:44 AM by 630565

Force User to Change Requester

I have a client that has buying agents that use iProcurement on the behalf of actual buyers. The client would like to force the agent enter in the actual requester when checking out. The client tried to update the POR_CUSTOM pkg to accomplish this (by setting the requester to an invalid value) but it isn't working as expected. Is there another way to accomplish this? Can we use CheckoutSummaryPG.xml to default to an invalid Requester thus forcing the user to update it?

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Force User to Change Requester
          you can try to override the controller. After the super controller finishes its call, get the webbean and set the value(invalid value).

Or Make the requester field a mandatory field and After the super controller finishes its call, get the webbean and set the value to null.
          • 2. Re: Force User to Change Requester
            I checked the requester_id in the database (to_person_id) at various points in the checkout process and POR_CUSTOM_PKG is setting the it correctly to -1. However, the value is getting updated to the buyer when the requisition is retrieved into the cart (Save req, click on Requisitions tab, click on the incomplete req, click Complete button,"..items in cart, continue?...", click yes).

How do I find the code that updates the requester id when displaying the cart? POR_CUSTOM_PKG.custom_validate_req_line doesn't have any code related to the requester_id.
            • 3. Re: Force User to Change Requester
              defaulting will be done based on the helpers. Helper logic needs to be changed which is quite complex. Its better to extend the controller and do it.