3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2008 11:35 AM by 645524 RSS

Fatal NI connect error 12560

We are trying to send data to Oracle automatically from a production piece of equipment with an application written in VB6
      I do not know anything about Oracle other than fill in the "formula"
      I did not realize that I've been getting this message inside the sqlnet.log file for a long time.
      What is this?
      Is this a concern?
      What do I do to correct it?

Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:
      (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleORCL)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\VB\Adjuster_R2V6_with Covers .exe)(HOST=ABCINWD552R01)(USER=Adjuster))))

VERSION INFORMATION:
           TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
           Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
      Time: 14-MAY-2008 06:20:02
      Tracing not turned on.
      Tns error struct:
      nr err code: 0
      ns main err code: 12560
      TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
      ns secondary err code: 0
      nt main err code: 530
      TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
      nt secondary err code: 126
      nt OS err code: 0
        • 1. Re: Fatal NI connect error 12560
          damorgan
          My interpretation is that you have never actually connected to Oracle and that the Oracle
          version you have has never been patched and is so old it is currently in desupport mode.

Hire a consultant who knows something about Oracle and have them deal with the many issues you are facing.

One issue that just jumps out at me is this: "Covers .exe"
          There should not be a space in there.
          • 2. Re: Fatal NI connect error 12560
            Madrid
            TNS 12560 error is a serious one. It is surprising your application has 'worked' with it. This is due to configuration issues, you should test if you can perform a connection against the database using these parameters and using a regular sqlplus client.

~ Madrid

http://hrivera99.blogspot.com/
            • 3. Re: Fatal NI connect error 12560
              I tried to restart the service of my Oracle10gTNSListener to get the changes I made over my listener.ora, but afeter I did stop and start it shows me "SOme services stop automatically if they have no work to do"...
              Any idea?...
              Thanks.