2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2002 5:22 PM by 365701

Will there be oo4o for .net?

Our company is looking to move forward with new development with .NET. However, I do not want to be stuck with ADO, as I feel oo4o provides a lot more options working with an Oracle database (such as password changing, etc).

Is/will there be an oo4o for .NET? Will the latest version of oo4o work with .net?

Thanks for any help in this matter.
        • 1. re:Will there be oo4o for .net?
          Actually, there is an even better environment for .Net. Firstly, as always, there are OLEDB.Net and ODBC.Net providers, which give you the throughput that data access bridge-type providers generally provide. However, there is a new Oracle Data Provider for .Net (ODP.Net) which provides a native .Net-to-Oracle driver and does not use a data access bridge. Check out the details at http://otn.oracle.com/tech/windows/odpnet/content.html
          • 2. re:Will there be oo4o for .net?
            Does the new Oracle Data Provider 9.2.0.1.1 support passing arrays to PL/SQL stored procedures whose procedures accept table arrays as the imput parameters? oo4o supported this functionality.

for example (in PL/SQL):

Specification:

Create or Replace Package PackA as
            TYPE varX IS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(10) INDEX BY BINARY INTEGER;
            Procedure ProcA ( strName IN varX);
            End PackA;

Body:

Create or Replace Package BODY PackA as
            Procedure ProcA ( strName in varX) IS
            Begin
            -- Some processing
            end PackA;
            end PackA;

With oo4o the call would be set up like so (visual basic 6.0):

============================================================================
            Dim NamePArray as OraParamArray

Oradatabase.Parameters.AddTable "Name",ORAPARM_INPUT,ORATYPE_VARCHAR2,10,10

SET NamePArray = Oradatabase.Parameters("Name")

OraDatabase.ExecuteSQL ("begin Schema.PackA.ProcA(:Name);end;")

============================================================================

How do you make this call with the Oracle Data Provider (ODP) in .Net?
            I've been unable to make this happen.