This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2008 8:06 AM by 543302 RSS

Error when insttal ILM Assistant to connect into another database

user100326 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I've already installed ILM Assistant on my Oracle 10g XE. Now I've tried to connect my ILM assistant to another database. This is my step:

sqlplus "sys/my_password as dba"
@ilma_uninstall my_password none

then

sqlplus "sys/my_password as sysdba"
@ilma_install my_password ILM_ASSISTANT ORCLDB

(ORCLDB is my connection to other database)

the installation is running succesfull but when I tried to access
http://localhost:8080/apex/f?p=737677

I've always get this following message:

Expecting p_company or wwv_flow_company cookie to contain security group id of application owner.
Error ERR-7620 Could not determine workspace for application (737677).
OK

I've tried to install and uninstall again, but still get the same error.
Could anyone help me?

Thanks,
David
  • 1. Re: Error when insttal ILM Assistant to connect into another database
    543302 Newbie
    Hi David,

I don't have an answer right at the moment, but we will investigate the odd behavior and get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Greg
  • 2. Re: Error when insttal ILM Assistant to connect into another database
    543302 Newbie
    Hi again,

Ok ... the intent of this feature is to permit remote installation. So, to correctly install the Assistant, you must logged into that system using your remote link:

sqlplus "sys/my_password@ORCLDB as sysdba"
    @ilma_install my_password ILM_ASSISTANT ORCLDB

You should be able to access the application after the successful installation.

Before you attempt this, you should uninstall the product; otherwise, you may see additional errors during the 2nd install attempt.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks,

Greg
  • 3. Re: Error when insttal ILM Assistant to connect into another database
    user100326 Newbie
    Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply.
    But What I meant is I wanted the ILM assistant up and running in my Oracle XE, but the managed database is in my ORCLDB (10g EE).
    Is the any possible way? because I don't want to install anything (HTTP server, application Server, Oracle Text) to my 10g EE.

Regards,
    David
  • 4. Re: Error when insttal ILM Assistant to connect into another database
    543302 Newbie
    Hi David,

Ah ... remote access is a very desirable feature. Unfortunately, we have not yet implemented it within the ILM Assistant. At this point, I do not know of any work-around that keeps all pieces off your target enterprise system. One thing to note is that you could install just the APEX and ILM Assistant PL/SQL packages on the target system. Then, you could use the PL/SQL gateway and avoid having the HTTP server on the same box as your enterprise. Would that work for you?

Regards,

Greg
  • 5. Re: Error when insttal ILM Assistant to connect into another database
    user100326 Newbie
    Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply,
    Is there any step by step guidance to do like you suggested me? (Install just the APEX and ILM Assistant PL/SQL packages on my DB 10g EE and install PL/SQL gateway and HTTP server on my 10g XE).

Regards,
    David
  • 6. Re: Error when insttal ILM Assistant to connect into another database
    543302 Newbie
    HI David,

The PL/SQL gateway was introduced in 10gR2 as a way to utilize the embedded HTTP server in the Oracle server. Its setup is tricky but doable. Here is a link that may help:

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/10g/dbms_epg_10gR2.php

Anyway, you install Apex and ILMA on your ee system just like you would on any machine. Next, you have to set up the PL/SQL gateway on the ee system so it can find Apex on your ee machine. Once that is done, your remote browser should be able to find the ILM Assistant. One thing to note, Apex and ILMA are both just PL/SQL-based packages that run on the target machine. The thing you're trying to do is invoke the Apex PL/SQL procedures from your browser, which may or may not be located on the same physical box as your ee system.

I've not personally used or set up the gateway, but I know of others who have had success with it.

Hope this gets you a bit farther! :)

Greg