This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2008 4:29 AM by 661058 RSS

Automatic Subscription to Distribution List from External Users?

Higher Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello, I setup a Distribution List and wanted to implement the automatic subscription using the mail interface and a user from my domain (mydomain.com) can subscribe sending:
subscribe;
stop;

But when a someone want to subscribe from another e-mail account (example user@gmail.com) the Distribution List reply with an e-mail saying is not valid or non existent user. In the properties of the Distribution List I set:
Group Subscription Type = Open
Restrict membership to the group's domain = No

So I wonder if I am missing something or this could not be done this way, and has to be manually added all the external users.

Kind Regards.
  • 1. Re: Automatic Subscription to Distribution List from External Users?
    661058 Newbie
    Hi folks,
    I have the same problem, but I'am able to make automatic subscription for e-mail addresses that belong to the same father domain (in my case .it) of the distribution list domain and I'm not enable to make automatic subscription for email addresses that belong to other father domain (for example .com). An example: I have a distribution list in my domain corteconti.it named lista_noaut@corteconti.it an I'm able to make automatic subscription for the user gavillanova@libero.it sendind a mail with this body:
    subscribe mailid=gavillanova.libero.it;stop
    but I'm unable to subscribe with the same method the email address gabriele.villanova@gmail.com

Best Regards

Gabriele Villanova
  • 2. Re: Automatic Subscription to Distribution List from External Users?
    661058 Newbie
    Sorry,
    I made a mistake:
    the email address is gavillanova@libero.it and not gavillanova.libero.it

Best regards

Gabriele Villanova