2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2008 7:49 AM by Anirudh Pucha-Oracle

Can't Run Portal Server Created By Wizard

I get the errors below... I've tried messing with the boot.properties file but no success... I had this happen before but I cannot remember what I did to fix it... This is also the same error I get when I open the sample portal servers... please help..

<Jul 14, 2008 8:58:07 AM CDT> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090082> <Security initial
      izing using security realm myrealm.>
      <Jul 14, 2008 8:58:07 AM CDT> <Error> <Security> <BEA-000000> <[Security:090759]
      A SQLException occurred while retrieving password information
      java.sql.SQLException: Invalid table name "USERS" specified at position 23.
      at com.pointbase.net.netJDBCPrimitives.handleResponse(DashoA13*..:335)
      at com.pointbase.net.netJDBCPrimitives.handleJDBCObjectResponse(DashoA13
      *..:383)
      at com.pointbase.net.netJDBCConnection.prepareStatement(DashoA13*..:545)

at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.DBMSSQLReadOnlyDatabaseCon
      nectionImpl.getPreparedStatement(DBMSSQLReadOnlyDatabaseConnectionImpl.java:37)
      at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.shared.DBMSSQLRuntimeQuery
      Impl.passwordStringQuery(DBMSSQLRuntimeQueryImpl.java:82)
      Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
      >
      <Jul 14, 2008 8:58:07 AM CDT> <Critical> <Security> <BEA-090402> <Authentication
      denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot id
      entity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been chan
      ged since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot id
      entity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the
      updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are enc
      rypted.>
      <Jul 14, 2008 8:58:07 AM CDT> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000386> <Server s
      ubsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Auth
      entication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from t
      he boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have
      been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update t
      he boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first
      time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new valu
      es are encrypted.
      weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot i
      dentity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (bo
      ot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the b
      oot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file wit
      h the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot id
      entity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
      at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.do
      BootAuthorization(Unknown Source)
      at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.in
      itialize(Unknown Source)
      at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(Unknown S
      ource)
      at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
      Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
      >
      <Jul 14, 2008 8:58:08 AM CDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server sta
      te changed to FAILED>
        • 1. Re: Can't Run Portal Server Created By Wizard
          I figured it out with some help from tech support (they didn't fix it but got me on the right path)

this is an issue in pointbase.ini
          change the database_home from a . to the actual path of the db (Just copy it exactly from explorer) and it works fine..
          • 2. Re: Can't Run Portal Server Created By Wizard
            Anirudh Pucha-Oracle
            I have located the <BEA_HOME>\weblogic92\samples\domains\workshop\pointbase.ini.
            Now, replaced the . to my 10.2.0.3 database home. But, still get these errors while starting the Oracle SOA Server.:

database.home=E:/DB10203
            documentation.home=C:/WLS923_BPEL10133/weblogic92/common/eval/pointbase/docs
            pbembedded.lic=C:/WLS923_BPEL10133/weblogic92/common/eval/pointbase/lib/pbembedded.lic
            transaction.isolationlevel=TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED
            database.pagesize=4096
            cache.size=2063
            sort.size=1024
            debug.log=false

Errors : \user_projects\domains\SOADomain\servers\OracleSOAServer\logs\OracleSOAServer.log
            ####<Nov 30, 2008 1:06:49 PM IST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <anirudhpucha> <OracleSOAServer> <Main Thread> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1228030609672> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
            weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
                 at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:941)
                 at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:1029)
                 at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:854)
                 at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
                 at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)
            >

Any clues ?

Regards
            A