11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2008 7:22 PM by 661891

Hyperion Financial Reports

Hi,
      Financial reports version 7 are migrated to system 9.

Problem that we are facing now is that reports take ling time to open.

Can anyone suggest how to improve the performance .

before migration to system 9 financial reports was working fine but now it is taking a long time to open .
        • 1. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
          have you done performance testing? What is the load on your server resources? How complex are your reports? There are a lot of things that impact performance.
          • 2. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
            Hi,
            Actually now we have essbase installed in one server ,planning in another ,BI+ (FR ) in another server ,Foundation services in another server ,BI+ UI services /HFM web server in another server and front end web server in another server.We are using Websphere application server.

And those reports are made from Essbase databases.

The Financial reports open properly sometimes but sometimes it do not.

Can anyone suggest on this?
            • 3. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
              that sounds like a load issue, you may want to have HFM be on it's own server. Even then, the reports will run slower if there are more people in the system.
              • 4. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
                Hi Kelly,
                I don't think there is any load problem as only one user is using those application.

Is there anything in Financial reports configuration where we can increase the size of report buffer size.
                • 5. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
                  Hi All
                  I want to how to merge two gribd in one report.Now i am developing the TrailBalance Report.For this we need to consider all assets,liabilities,expenses and revenses. what my thought is if take assets and expenses under on grid and other in other gird(all account in rows only), and want to merge two grida and want to see in two coulum.Is it possible to do? If any pls guide me.

this the sample i want to see my report

Grid1 Grid2
                  period period
                  account Account
                  (all Assets) **** (All Liabilities) ****
                  Total *********** Total *********

Pls any one??
                  • 6. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
                    Grid1 and Grid2 should each be data pulls, and should be hidden. Then create a Grid3, that displays the data. Use formulas to pull the data from the other two grids.
                    • 7. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
                      Hi Kelly
                      thnaks for you reply but i tried to do like this way .If you dont mind can u give me an example with formulas how to do it

Regards
                      • 8. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
                        In Grid3, use cell.[grid,row,column] in each cell to reference Grid1 and Grid2 cells to pull the numbers
                        • 9. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
                          hi kelly
                          i tried to develope the report like youe way, but i am unable to do tha>
                          here i explain u
                          in grid 1
                          i took accounts in row and period in columns same as in grid2
                          but in grid1 all assets
                          in grid2 all liabilities
                          and grid 3 i took same as and i insert another tex column and try to pull the value of grid 1
                          i use the text fromule <<CellText("Grid1", 1, A)>> like this
                          pls suggest me its very urgent

regards
                          • 10. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
                            hi all
                            Can any one tell me the how to set the securities to the report .we are using 9.3.1, i want to know how to set the securities to the user and all respective pls give an idea.
                            • 11. Re: Hyperion Financial Reports
                              Hi kelly
                              I am sorry to disturbance, i found the solution how to use the grid 3 based on grid 1 &2,but it seem to be difficult while attempting the trail balance report,