8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2010 7:35 AM by 103122 RSS

Removing Oracle 11g

How could I remove ORA11g to start a clean installation if OUI doesn't give me the option to delete it?
      I try deleting the folders, looking for ora, oracle, in the registry...
      But there isn't any way to uninstall oracle?
        • 1. Re: Removing Oracle 11g
          fsze88hoho
          What OS is? Windows/Linux/Unix?
          please let us know.
          • 2. Re: Removing Oracle 11g
            Assuming MS Windows since you've mentioned a "registry", uninstall everything you can using the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI), then manually delete the folders which Oracle was installed into. Finally run regedit and remove all the entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle - assuming you're not using any other Oracle software!

Cheers,

Stuart.
            • 3. Re: Removing Oracle 11g
              windows 2003 srv
              • 4. Re: Removing Oracle 11g
                fsze88hoho
                Start the Oracle Universal Installer, the Welcome screen is displayed. Click Deinstall Products.

The Welcome screen provides information about Oracle Universal Installer.

The Oracle Universal Installer provides you with two ways to uninstall products:

Deinstall Products: Uninstall individual components or the entire product.

Installed Products: View currently installed products, and uninstall individual components or the entire product.
                • 5. Re: Removing Oracle 11g
                  The problem is that OUI doesn't want to delete the installation.

Now, I delete all the entries in windows registry for Oracle, and could reinstall it, without doing the sample database. When I try to create it, it shows at 20% the following error,

ORA-19624: Failure operation; retry allowed.
                  ORA-19870: Failure while restoring security copy G:\path
                  ORA-19599: bloq 133 corrupt in g:\path
                  ORA-06512: in "SYS.X$DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE line 5580
                  ORA/ 06512> in line 16
                  • 6. Re: Removing Oracle 11g
                    Hello,

I have this problem as well and have removed most of the files manually but some of the BIn files are staying and the message file in RDBMS and NETWORK also wont delete. I have other versions of Oracle on my computer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
                    Ros
                    • 7. Re: Removing Oracle 11g
                      Note that, in 11g release 2, everything has changed; the installer no longer provides a "deinstall" option. Instead, there's a new deinstall tool under $ORACLE_HOME/deinstall. See "About the Deinstallation Tool" in the 11gR2 docs.
                      • 8. Re: Removing Oracle 11g
                        Note that, in 11g release 2, everything has changed; the installer no longer provides a "deinstall" option. Instead, there's a new deinstall tool under $ORACLE_HOME/deinstall. See "About the Deinstallation Tool" in the 11gR2 docs.