6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2011 10:57 PM by 830459 RSS

Oracle 10G on Leopard (not server)

hi,
      I am trying to install the oracle db on Leopard which not the server version.

I am getting the following error just after clicking on the next button in the installer screen :

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /private/tmp/OraInstall2008-01-26_02-05-57AM/oui/lib/macosx/liboraInstaller.jnilib:
      Exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oraInstaller in java.library.path occurred..

I think this installer version is not compatible with Leopard, am i wrong ?

I would appreciate any help.
        • 1. Re: Oracle 10G on Leopard (not server)
          No I don't believe it will install, also its PPC not Intel.

The most workable solution I know at the moment is to create a Virtual Machine using http://www.virtualbox.org/ (or Parallels, VMWare) and install a Linux flavour, then Install Oracle inside that.
          • 2. Re: Oracle 10G on Leopard (not server)
            Very disappointing.

I will work back on my windows XP laptop ;).

Thank you for your reply and your advice for Virtualization solution.
            • 3. Re: Oracle 10G on Leopard (not server)
              I posted the step-by-step instructions on my blog:

http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/how-to-configure-mac-os-x-as-an-oracle-client/

As you'll note in the blog entry, Oracle 10gR1 for the Mac only runs on the G5 chip and OS X (10.3) Server.
              • 4. Re: Oracle 10G on Leopard (not server)
                I also encounter this problem and get the error message in the installer of Oracle DB 10G.

Did anybody find a solution to this problem?

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /private/tmp/OraInstall2008-11-12_07-38-10PM/oui/lib/macosx/liboraInstaller.jnilib:
                     at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
                     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1822)
                     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1702)
                     at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:770)
                     at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1005)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.osd.unix.OiipuUnixOps.loadNativeLib(OiipuUnixOps.java:372)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.osd.unix.OiipuUnixOps.<clinit>(OiipuUnixOps.java:119)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgEnvironment.getEnv(OiipgEnvironment.java:195)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgBootstrap.getDefaultLocationFileLoc(OiipgBootstrap.java:594)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.setDefaultInvLocVar(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:406)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.setupInventoryLocation(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:335)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.initialize(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:208)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:146)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation(OiicPullSession.java:937)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation(OiicSessionWrapper.java:230)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.run(OiicInstaller.java:399)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.runInstaller(OiicInstaller.java:717)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:628)
                Exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oraInstaller in java.library.path occurred..
                java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oraInstaller in java.library.path
                     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1753)
                     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
                     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.osd.unix.OiipuUnixOps.loadNativeLib(OiipuUnixOps.java:390)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.osd.unix.OiipuUnixOps.<clinit>(OiipuUnixOps.java:119)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgEnvironment.getEnv(OiipgEnvironment.java:195)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgBootstrap.getDefaultLocationFileLoc(OiipgBootstrap.java:594)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.setDefaultInvLocVar(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:406)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.setupInventoryLocation(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:335)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwInvLocWCCE.initialize(OiifwInvLocWCCE.java:208)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:146)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation(OiicPullSession.java:937)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation(OiicSessionWrapper.java:230)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.run(OiicInstaller.java:399)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.runInstaller(OiicInstaller.java:717)
                Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession.dispose(OiicInstallSession.java:1027)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.dispose(OiicSessionWrapper.java:178)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.dispose(OiicInstaller.java:426)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.runInstaller(OiicInstaller.java:780)
                • 5. Re: Oracle 10G on Leopard (not server)
                  Have you found a fix yet as I have also hit this problem.
                  • 6. Re: Oracle 10G on Leopard (not server)
                    Mike McLaughlin wrote:

I posted the step-by-step instructions on my blog:

<A class=jive-link-external href="http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/how-to-configure-mac-os-x-as-an-oracle-client/">http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/how-to-configure-mac-os-x-as-an-oracle-client/</A>

As you'll note in the blog entry, <font face="tahoma,verdana,sans-serif" size="1" color="#000">Oracle</font> 10gR1 for the Mac only runs on the G5 chip and OS X (10.3) Server.
                    Thanks for your explanation! It's helpful to me.