5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2008 7:01 AM by 659969

Planning Login issue And EPM windows services error

Hi All,

I require help from you guys. I have couple of issues while installing Hyperion 9.3.1 on a sandbox.
      (which is a win2003 SP2)

Issue1: I have Installed all the applications as mentioned in the Hyperion Documentation. In windows services
      I can't able to start the following services.

-> Hyperion S9 EPM Architecht process Manager
      -> Hyperion S9 EPM Architecht job Manager
      -> Hyperion S9 EPM Architecht Event Manager
      -> Hyperion S9 EPM Architecht Engine Manager
      Though i could able to start the two other services( Web ATS5 and Data Synchonization ATS5) successfully.

Error I am getting is like ::: some services stop automatically if they dont have work to do.................

Issue2 : I could be able to login to Hyperion Appwizard page. when i completed the steps of creating the Application,
      i clicked Finish button. Its displaying error like Error in processing the page please check log for details.

Please help me to resolve these issue. IF you ever had faced any of these.

Thanks in Advance,
        • 1. Re: Planning Login issue And EPM windows services error
          JohnGoodwin
          Hi,

Issue 1, Have a look in the windows event view there should be event for HyS9BPMA_ProcessManager, it should give you a more detailed message and if it doesn't make any sense try posting the error here and somebody might be able to help further.

Issue 2, I will assume you are using Tomcat as the web server, if so go into the registry using regedit, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hyperion Solutions\HyperionPlanning\HyS9Planning there should be 2 options SysErrFile and SysOutFile, put in a location file location for each of them e.g C:\Hyperion\logs\planErr.log and C:\Hyperion\logs\planOut.log
          Restart planning and try and try and set up the application again when it fails go and look in the log files you have just set up and there should be further information in there.

Hope this helps.

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Planning Login issue And EPM windows services error
            Hi John,

Following is the Captured log file. I followed the steps as you mentioned to capture.

After reading the log, I came to know that there are no privileges for
            my Table space in planning database schema.

Can you just let me know, wether i am correct or not.

So that i can approach my DBA and find out....

Connection to the datasource created successfully.
            createSchema hyperion.jdbc.base.BaseBatchUpdateException: [Hyperion][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'USERS'

hyperion.jdbc.base.BaseBatchUpdateException: [Hyperion][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'USERS'

at hyperion.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.executeOneStatementAtATime(Unknown Source)
                 at hyperion.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.executeBatchEmulation(Unknown Source)
                 at hyperion.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.executeBatch(Unknown Source)
                 at com.hyperion.planning.sql.HspSetupSQLImpl.createSchema(Unknown Source)
                 at com.hyperion.planning.HspManageApplication.createApp(Unknown Source)
                 at com.hyperion.planning.appdeploy.HspManageAppSession.createApplication(Unknown Source)
                 at HspCreateApp.Handle(Unknown Source)
                 at HspCreateApp.doPost(Unknown Source)
                 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
                 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
                 at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
                 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
                 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
                 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
                 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
                 at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
            Unable to create Scehma for application. Exiting Application Creation.
            Exception in Application Creation :Unable to create Scehma for application. Exiting Application Creation.
            java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create Scehma for application. Exiting Application Creation.
                 at com.hyperion.planning.HspManageApplication.createApp(Unknown Source)
                 at com.hyperion.planning.appdeploy.HspManageAppSession.createApplication(Unknown Source)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
                 at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
                 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
                 at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
            java.lang.RuntimeException: Create application failed.
            Error terminating Essbase connection: java.lang.NullPointerException
            • 3. Re: Planning Login issue And EPM windows services error
              JohnGoodwin
              Hi,

Yes you need to go back to the dba and get them to grant privileges on the tablespace for your user.

Cheers

John
              http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
              • 4. Re: Planning Login issue And EPM windows services error
                I have meet the same problem.

and installing Hyperion 9.3.1 winxpSP2

I can't able to start the following services.

-> Hyperion S9 EPM Architecht process Manager
                -> Hyperion S9 EPM Architecht job Manager
                -> Hyperion S9 EPM Architecht Event Manager
                -> Hyperion S9 EPM Architecht Engine Manager
                Though i could able to start the two other services( Web ATS5 and Data Synchonization ATS5) successfully.

and when i check the windows event . the erorr message following:

Service cannot be started. Hyperion.DimensionServer.ProcessManager.Interface.ProcessManagerException: Cannot initialize the Session Manager. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): 。 (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))
                at COMJNIBridgeLib.CASSecurityClass.Initialize(String bstrJvmPath, String bstrClasspath, String bstrLibPath, String bstrHubHost, String bstrHubPort, String bstrCSSConnectionInfo, Boolean vbEnableNestedGroups, String bstrHyperionHome)
                at Hyperion.DimensionServer.SessionManager.CasSecurityProvider.Initialize(String jvmPath, String classPath, String ctgLibPath, String cssConnInfo, String hubHost, String hubPort, Boolean enableNestedGroups)
                at Hyperion.DimensionServer.SessionManager.SessionManager.Initialize(String jvmPath, String classPath, String ctgLibPath, String cssConnInfo, String hubHost, String hubPort, Boolean enableNestedGroups, String rdbmsVendor, String rdbmsConnParams, Int32 rdbmsCommandTimeout, Boolean restorePastInstanceSessions, Boolean enabl...
                • 5. Re: Planning Login issue And EPM windows services error
                  I've got the same problem, not able to start the services mentioned above.
                  The error message in windows event is following:
                  Service cannot be started. System.ArgumentException: Expected even number of characters.
                  at Hyperion.DimensionServer.EncryptBuffer.EncryptBuffer.eightFromFourBit(Byte[] byteArray, Byte baseByte)
                  at Hyperion.DimensionServer.EncryptBuffer.EncryptBuffer.Decrypt(String decryptString)
                  at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Configuration.Configuration.ReadConfigurationSettings(XPathNavigator navigator)
                  at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Configuration.Configuration.ReadConfigurationSettings(String configFile)
                  at Hyperion.DimensionServer.Configuration.Configuration.ReadConfigurationSettings()
                  at Hyperion.DimensionServer.ProcessManager.ProcessManager.Initialize()
                  at Hyperion.DimensionServer.ProcessManager.Service.OnStart(String[] args)
                  at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Any ideas? Thx
                  Andy