This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2008 3:11 PM by 673128 RSS

Oracle E-Business Suite - Financials Modules

658490 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am currently evaluating different ERP'S for implementation at my office. The current scope is only limited to Financials.

I have got some good information from http://www.oracle.com/applications/financials/intro.html. Also, the Oracle price list says that Financials User Price is US$ 4,595 per user but does not include any information about the modules included in it.

My understanding is that following modules are included in that $4,595 per user

1.       Asset Life Cycle Management
2.       Cash and Treasury Management
3.       Credit-To-Cash
4.       Financial Control & Reporting
5.       Financial Analytics
6.       Governance, Risk & Compliance
7.       Procure-To-Pay
8.       Travel and Expense Management

Please let me have your views and correct me if wronge.

Regards,
  • 1. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite - Financials Modules
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Pl contact an oracle salesperson in your area - he/she will provide the right answer :-)

Srini Chavali
  • 2. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite - Financials Modules
    658490 Newbie
    I did contact them, but to be honest they have loaded me with products that I dont really need. For example I dont have requirement for Inventory whereas they want me to buy Inventory module.
  • 3. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite - Financials Modules
    641155 Newbie
    Hi,

You can opt just pure financials consiting of Purchasing,Acounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, General Ledger,Fixed Assets.
    These modules will cover most of the business processes you had mentioned. But specific to your reporting requirements and bussiness, additional modules may be considered.

We have implemented similar products for a couple of clients in India.

Regards,
    Satya
  • 4. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite - Financials Modules
    658490 Newbie
    Satya, the modules that I mentioned above comes under financials or do I have to pay extra. The local Oracle says that Financial includes

- General Ledger
    - Accounts Payable
    - Accounts Receivable
    - Fixed Assets
    - Cash Management

Whereas on Oracle website the Financials intro page lists those eight modules. They are charging extra for Intelligence.
  • 5. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite - Financials Modules
    641155 Newbie
    Yes, What you have been told is right. Financials include ony those.

However, todays world , people value intelligence (MIS reports )as the key. Oracle Business Intelligence tools are powerful. However, it is sometimes questionable whether the client is ever able to use all those tools.. they might as well be better of in developing custom reports and fulfil their needs. The custom reports can be developed as per the user needs and you will not have any limitations on the vareity of the reports the user needs.

Oracle EBS itself provides quite a number of standard reports. My experience is that after all the reports available, owing to specific busines needs, user opts for custom built reports.. that number has not crossed more than 30 for Financials. the investment the user puts in for these 30 reports was far lesser than the licencing fee of certain advanced reporting tools (most of the times).
  • 6. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite - Financials Modules
    673128 Newbie
    Hi Hubie,

If you need any further help on EBS then please get in touch david.ranwell@hotmail.co.uk

Regards, David

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points