8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2008 11:24 AM by 628428

Item LOV in Requisition

Hi,

Is there any way without customization that I can limit the Item LOV in Requisition so that the LOV will not show all purchasable item but a certain category?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Item LOV in Requisition
          Avaneesh Jain
          This is not possible without customization.
          • 2. Re: Item LOV in Requisition
            i see...
            can this be done by form personalization / custom codes?
            if it can, need to know how to do this in custom codes

thanks
            • 3. Re: Item LOV in Requisition
              Hi,

You can try using the security functionality on the segments of the category flexfiled.
              You will have to maintain different responsibilities and define the group of values of the categories flexfileds that will be assigned to each responsibility.

This kind of solution (if it works ... I didn't try it, but theoritically I know it is possible) requires heavy maintenance .

Good Luck.
              Nira.
              • 4. Re: Item LOV in Requisition
                Gerry
                You can achieve this functionality by enforcing the standard security rules that we can apply for the flexfields. Items use System Items flexfield and if you have enabled security for this KFF, you can simply create a rule and assign to resp. Rest will follow.

Thanks
                Nagamohan
                • 5. Re: Item LOV in Requisition
                  Hi everyone, thanks for the help.

Nira,
                  Tried your solution, it did not work.. Found metalink document 260562.1 which is a 2004 document but I don't think they've resolved it yet, even in R12

Nagamohan,
                  If I put security rules on the system items flexfield, I have to change the value set's validation to independent (while I already have several items using the old value set with validation=none). What effect will this bring to my data? And if I am to create a new item, should I first add a value to the value set before adding a record in master item form?

Thanks again,
                  Gerry
                  • 6. Re: Item LOV in Requisition
                    Gerry,
                    Unfortunately that is the primary condition (security rules cannot be enforced if the validation type is none). If your KFF is designed that way, and if you are already in Production, I would recommend leaving it as is.

Instead, did you try personalization?

Here is a link that gives a good example to enforce the LOV. You need to be in 11.5.10 or above for this be used. I did not try this, but give it a shot and let us know if that is worked.

http://www.erpschools.com/Oracle_Applications_Change_LOV_Using_Forms_Personalization.asp

Thanks
                    Nagamohan
                    1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Item LOV in Requisition
                      Nagamohan,

thx for the help, you're always helpful.
                      Your solution works, but a not-so-small effort needed to keep things up and running, that's the trade-off (need to add value set.
                      Anyway, the security rule works rather strangely, not like with the accounting flexfield. In my case, if a responsibility is not assigned to a security rule, everytime an item LOV is chosen, the application returns an error message. It's not like this in the accounting flexfield, which grants all (or no security) for no security rule - responsibility. Is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks,
                      Gerry
                      • 8. Re: Item LOV in Requisition
                        Gerry,
                        There should be any difference as the flexfields behavior should be global. Does your security rule include and exclude rest of the values? or you have just included? If you have just included values, try exluding all other values and try.

Thanks
                        Nagamohan