11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2008 10:49 PM by ynandi

How to create new Document type

Malinowy
      Hi all,

I try to create new Document type based on Requisition type.
      When I make new record on Document Types form, I have only
      Quotation and Request for Quotation Types.

Is possible to create new document Subtype of Requisition document type ?

Apps version 11.5.10.

Regards,
      malin
        • 1. Re: How to create new Document type
          Yes it is possible. Goto the Purchasing Lookups form. Query for the 'DOCUMENT TYPE' in the Type field. You can seed REQUISITION here. Similarly you can add a new subtype under DOCUMENT SUB TYPE lookup code.

Thanks
          • 2. Re: How to create new Document type
            Malinowy
            Hi Ssuhasar,

Lookup 'DOCUMENT TYPE' has many records. But I can see only two of when I want to add new record on Document Type form. Why?

Next problem is that I can't add a record to 'DOCUMENT TYPE' and 'DOCUMENT SUBTYPE' lookup. I try as SYSADMIN.

;-(
            • 3. Re: How to create new Document type
              Malin,
              It is not possible to add new document types or subtypes in these lookups. These are system validated (refer to ML 404436.1). Also you can only add subtypes for RFQs and quotations because (in my opinion) of the nature of the business process behind these documents (negotiations with the suppliers vs internal processes behind requisition and purchase orders).

Thanks
              Nagamohan
              • 4. Re: How to create new Document type
                Malinowy
                Hi Nagamohan,

thank you for very solid answer.

regards,
                malin
                • 5. Re: How to create new Document type
                  ynandi
                  Hello:

In Release 12.0.4, when I click on the Document Tyep window, I cannot see any document types.

I was expecting to see the system defined document types such as Purchasing, Requisitions, RFQ, etc.

Are there some setups required to see the system defined Document types ?

Thanks - Yesh
                  • 6. Re: How to create new Document type
                    Did you setup purchasing and financial options for the OU?

Thanks
                    Nagamohan
                    • 7. Re: How to create new Document type
                      ynandi
                      Nagmohan:

Yes - Both Financial and Purchasing Options were setup.

I noticed in the Purchasing options screen (OAF), that the document numbering region was empty.. there was no documents

On further investigation, I started reviewing the document type screen (OAF) and there was no document types . . .

This is a fresh install of 12.0.4 ..... I also ran the Oracle diagnostics for Oracle Purchasing setups and there were no errors in the setups ....

Any ideas for further diagnosis ?

Yesh
                      • 8. Re: How to create new Document type
                        Yesh,
                        Information that it is a fresh install helps.

Did you run the program Replicate Seed Data after you have created new OU from System Administrator resp?

Thanks
                        Nagamohan
                        • 9. Re: How to create new Document type
                          ynandi
                          Nagamohan:

Replicate Seed Data ----- I am not aware of this .... is this in the documentation somewhere. ?

I have not run this but could you tell me where I can run it from and also why I need to run this ... in a fresh install don't you get the seeded data ?

Thanks - Yesh
                          • 10. Re: How to create new Document type
                            Well well. What leads to what.

I was pretty sure that this was documented in Multiple organizations guide (http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25516_18/current/acrobat/115multorg.pdf, 11.5.10 version) and it is there (step 10, page 2-12). And I checked R12 version of the documentation (http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B40089_10/current/acrobat/120funmo.pdf) and that step is missing.

So checked metalink, and found this direct hit and also a documentation bug logged. ML note: 738593.1 and bug no. 5972189

HTH.

Thanks
                            Nagamohan
                            • 11. Re: How to create new Document type
                              ynandi
                              Nagmohan:

Thank you. That did it.

Though I still do not understand this concept ...... all that multi-org is implying is that a responsibility can view multiple org or it can view only 1 org.
                              What does this have to do with seeded data ?

On a secondary question, I am using the Buyer Center and when I try to create a PO, I cannot see my Supplier in LOV.

I have defined 1 Supplier with 2 Sites with 2 different orgs .... and I can see this Supplier from the Supplier tab window.

But does not show up in the PO header screen LOV's ... do the Suppliers also show up based on some other conditions in LOVs ?

Any ideas on this ..

Yesh