6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 4:07 PM by 660555

Nodemanager (machine)  is not starting.  javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException:

HI..

I am new to Weblogic 10 and getting the following start when starting nodemanager (bea/wlserver_10.0/server/bin/startNodeManager.sh), after changing the Listening address:

[weblogic@vm-sagweblogic2 bin]$ <Sep 18, 2008 12:17:24 PM EDT> <Warning> <Security> <BEA-090482> <BAD_CERTIFICATE alert was received from localhost.localdomain - 127.0.0.1. Check the peer to determine why it rejected the certificate chain (trusted CA configuration, hostname verification). SSL debug tracing may be required to determine the exact reason the certificate was rejected.>
      <Sep 18, 2008 12:17:24 PM> <Warning> <Uncaught exception in server handler: javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: [Security:090482]BAD_CERTIFICATE alert was received from localhost.localdomain - 127.0.0.1. Check the peer to determine why it rejected the certificate chain (trusted CA configuration, hostname verification). SSL debug tracing may be required to determine the exact reason the certificate was rejected.>
      javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException: [Security:090482]BAD_CERTIFICATE alert was received from localhost.localdomain - 127.0.0.1. Check the peer to determine why it rejected the certificate chain (trusted CA configuration, hostname verification). SSL debug tracing may be required to determine the exact reason the certificate was rejected.
      at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.fireException(Lcom.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.AlertEvent;)V(Unknown Source)
      at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.fireAlertReceived(Lcom.certicom.tls.record.alert.Alert;)Lcom.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.AlertEvent;(Unknown Source)
      at com.certicom.tls.record.alert.AlertHandler.handle(Lcom.certicom.tls.record.alert.Alert;)V(Unknown Source)
      at com.certicom.tls.record.alert.AlertHandler.handleAlertMessages(Ljava.io.ByteArrayInputStream;)V(Unknown Source)
      at com.certicom.tls.record.MessageInterpreter.interpretContent([BIILcom.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.ProtocolVersion;)V(Unknown Source)
              at com.certicom.tls.record.MessageInterpreter.decryptMessage(II[BIILcom.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.ProtocolVersion;)V(Unknown Source)
              at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.processRecord()I(Unknown Source)
              at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.readRecord()I(Unknown Source)
              at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.readUntilHandshakeComplete()V(Unknown Source)
              at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.completeHandshake()V(Unknown Source)
              at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.read([BII)I(Unknown Source)
              at com.certicom.io.InputSSLIOStreamWrapper.read([BII)I(Unknown Source)
              at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:411)
              at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:453)
              at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:183)
              at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
              at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:136)
              at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:299)
              at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:362)
              at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.run(Handler.java:66)
              at java.lang.Thread.run()V(Unknown Source)

It won't work now, if I switch back to originally listen address. 

Here is the status: 

Inactive     
           Current status of this Node Manager.More Info...
           Problem description:     
      javax.net.ssl.SSLKeyException     
           Exception encountered while communicating with this node manager.More Info...
           Version:     
      (not available)     
           Version string returned from the Node Manager.More Info...

Please help...Thank you very much.

-Sayef

Edited by: user10282569 on Sep 18, 2008 1:15 PM