This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
I think there is a problem with these particular symbols (setVector and getVector) as standard OCCI test case to connect to the database and execute a query works fine.
I have linked in all the dynlibs provided as part of the instant client, and the same code works on Win / Linux so I'm guessing it's a Mac issue. I've raised a TAR with Oracle so let's see what happens!
FYI..... I found the solution.
After much digging the problem is with a couple of Preprocessor macros defined by default in XCode, GLIBCXXDEBUG=1 and GLIBCXXDEBUG_PEDANTIC=1.
Go into the ‘Build Settings’ for the target, find the Preprocessor Macros entry and remove the two macro definitions. Note that setting them to 0 does not seem to work.
I've put up a full blog post on the subject of building an OCCI app in XCode here (which includes details of the solution) :
I'm not too sure of the implications of removing these macro's but my app seems to work (for now)....
Edited by: Steve Hall on Oct 2, 2008 4:05 AM