1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 16, 2011 5:43 PM by 738432 RSS

Never see the sessionExpired method of SipApplicationSessionListener fire.

Hello,

I'm looking for more information about session expiration of a Sip Application Session.

I have an implementation of a SipApplicationSessionListener that I want to trap session expirations with.

console defines: Maximum Application Session Lifetime: 2

The timeout in the sip.xml is set as follows:

<session-config>
      <session-timeout>2</session-timeout>
      <session-config>

I just set it this way to test expirations - in the future i expect the timeout to be a greater value.

I also placed print statements in the sessionDestroyed and sessionCreated methods.

Both the destroyed and created get called.

However, for what ever reason, I never get a session expiration. Is there additional configurations that control the sip application session expiration?

Thanks in advance,
      Bob
        • 1. Re: Never see the sessionExpired method of SipApplicationSessionListener fire.
          Perhaps your SipApplicationSession is getting invalidated before it expires.

There are two ways it could be invalidated:

(1) Your application explicitly invalidates it.

If this is the case, try a call flow that takes longer than two minutes before your code calls appSession.invalidate();

(2) The "Invalidate When Ready" mechanism is enabled and the conditions are satisfied for invalidation. See section 6.1.2.2.2 of JSR-289. By default, this mechanism is enabled for JSR-289 applications.

If this is the case, then try appSession.setInvalidateWhenReady(false);