This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
You can do it without extension, but you have to use Approval Hierarchies if you want to limit.
1. Go to financial options --> Human Resources
2. Enable the check box Use Approval Hierachy
3. Create approval hierarchy using Position Hierarchy screen. Assumption is that your employees have positions assigned to them.
3.1 Run fill employee hierarchy program
4. Assign this hierarchy as default hierarchy to the document type (say Standard Purchase order)
5. Now when you are approving the PO, if you select the forward to check box, you will see additional field called approval hiierarchy
6. Choose one hierarchy
7. Now in the FOrward to LOV you will see only those employees who are part of the hierarchy. You can find this by going to the Position Hierarchy screen and query up the name. Down below you will find a small check box called existing in hierarchy, F11 there. If you check the ctl+F11 you will get the employees who are holding the positions that are in the hierarchy as a result.
That's not exactly what I meant.
I did use approval hierarchy, but what I want to limit is the LOV so that not everyone in this hierarchy shows in the LOV, but only the superiors of the requestor.
The goal is to restrict user so that he/she cannot forward the documents to employee with the same / lower position level.
I got it. I guess you are right, unless there is another brilliant idea from someone.
But as I understand, they cannot approve the PO even if you choose the subordinate, if they do not have appropriate authority.