This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2008 8:01 AM by Frank Nimphius RSS

problem with list of value that return many value to many attribute

KarimHasan Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

using Jdev 11 TP4
fusion web application
in a view object i full attribute XX with list of value (using wizard) with view accessor(another entity based view object) and in list return value section, i chose many attribute to be full by view accessior that i chose to be my list of value and it works well in application module test

but when i dragged the view to jspx page ,in create mode , i found slow LOV at attribute XX and didn't return any value to attribute xx or any another attributes

Thanks
GreenApple
  • 1. Re: problem with list of value that return many value to many attribute
    PaKo Explorer
    Hi!

It doesn't work automatically. As per "10.2 Creating the ListOfValues Data Model" in Web User Interface Developer’s Guide for Oracle Application Development Framework 11g Release 1 (11.1.1) (doc. id. B31973-01), you have to implement:

- returnPopupDataListener: Called in response to the ReturnPopupDataEvent, this listener can be used to collect and package any data that needs to be returned as part of the ReturnPopupEvent.

- returnPopupListener: Called in response to the ReturnPopupEvent, this listener can be used to retrieve the returned values from ReturnPopupEvent and update fields on the base page.

In the returnPopupListener you can transfer the redurned data from LOV popup dialog to your base datasource.

Regards,

PaKo
  • 2. Re: problem with list of value that return many value to many attribute
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

at least the option exist and if this works for the tester then it seems to be a problem with the ADF Faces UI refresh. I'll try with a later build. Chances are that a later development effort of automatic server side PPR is required (which I think makes sense for this and possibly is the reason why it doesn't work in TP4)

Frank

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points