3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2008 2:13 AM by PaKo RSS

How to view splash screen longer ?

Hi,

I'm designing custom splash screen. Is there any way to see it longer time than page loading ? It's some to fast :)

Kuba
        • 1. Re: How to view splash screen longer ?
          PaKo
          Splash screen is only used to cover the time of loading large (2MB) client scripts and doing some other ADF RC initializations, the first time client opening the app. SO it is not true Splash Screen. It lasts depending on you network speed (so in LAN it lasts a split of second but on internet it takes some time). So, if you want you Splash to last longer, create you custom made splash screen instead.

PaKo
          • 2. Re: How to view splash screen longer ?
            I did exactly what you described, but to do custom splash screen nice, I'd like to preview it. Unfortunately previewing is to fast. Probably, there is any javascript code to change temporary how long splash screen is visible.

Kuba
            • 3. Re: How to view splash screen longer ?
              PaKo
              Hi!

I don't know (at this moment) the ADF-only way to do this, but you can improvise with plain javascript:
              <script>
              function showImage() {
                document.all.splashImage.style.visibility = "hidden";
              }

function hideImage() {
                document.all.splashImage.style.visibility = "hidden";
              }

function onLoad() {
                showImage();
                SetTimeout("hideImage();", 1000*5); // SetTimeout takes a number of milliseconds e.g. here 5 seconds
              }
              </script>
              Now, you have to figure out how you want this to be applied to your use-case. If you want this splash to appear after the default (showing the ADF RC initialization) then just attach the onLoad() to the af:document clientListener type=load. If you want to replace the default with your own, you have to more work... you have to figura out how.

Regards,

PaKo