This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2008 10:12 PM by 198995 Go to original post RSS
  • 45. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    629225 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hey Rowan,

You were right , at least we can smile :^0
    Rowan wrote:
    ok,
    this is not funy.
    I think that tomorrow we will be on the same point.
    perhaps PaKo you have the cue, they haven't say the year. Where are all the oracle boys today?
    Hawai ? Las Vegas ? probably they are laughthing of us...

Rowan
  • 46. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    bsbeebop Newbie
    From what I saw of the JDeveloper Release at Open World it was pretty much all that. I did not see any of the bugs, artifacts, errrorrs, etc. that I have been seeing with the Technical previews. However, the WebLogic Server insertion has me nervous and I could get no idea from the JDeveloper folks at how well JDeveloper produced applications had been tested with WebLogic, or IAS for that matter. It was as though they were not sure. They told me as long as the application was JEE 5 then it SHOULD be okay! ?:|

I am excited about the new JDeveloper - no doubt - it has a LOT to offer. Especially if JDeveloper is already your tool of choice! They have really concentrated on making it very Java-centric, and pluggable. If you don't like that then use Eclipse as it is Java-centric and pluggable... err... try .NET instead!

- beebop
  • 47. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    Alexandar Journeyer
    ... are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? ...
  • 48. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    bsbeebop Newbie
    It's called the "perpetual upgrade". At least that's what our middle-tier administrator calls it.
  • 49. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    450039 Newbie
    Just Waiting!
  • 50. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    bsbeebop Newbie
    I think that it's really funny that you can pre-order the "JDeveloper 11g Handbook" from Oracle Press from Amazon.com right now but the publish date isn't EXPECTED until June 29th/July 1st *2009*. Ithink you can go ahead and just order it from eCampus.com. I just wonder if they have started writing it yet?

You gotta figure that they have been putting the book together based on the Technical Previews and need the next eight months to revise it for the production release!

- beebop
  • 51. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    Alexandar Journeyer
    I'm sorry for being impatient, but can someone from JDev team tell us when it's going to happen, or some serious explanation for what's takeing you so java.lang.Long?
  • 52. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    bsbeebop Newbie
    Ted Farrell announced it at Oracle Open World. Open Mouth, Insert Foot.

Maybe they should have fudged the release date and "surprised" developers if they could actually meet the annouced date of October 1st.

This does not paint Oracle or JDeveloper (or Ted Farrell) in a favorable light.

- beebop
  • 53. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    618893 Newbie
    sigh . . . .
    Management is waiting based on my report of the Oct. 1 release which I heard at OOW.
  • 54. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    198995 Employee ACE
    I am glad to see the excitement you guys have for this release. We are even more excited to get the software out to you. Since you have all been so patient (minus that last post ;) let me answer some of the questions.

- In my keynote I said it would be available "in the next two weeks". We are still in that window.

- This version does have WLS integrated in it. We have automatic migration from previous released versions (10g) but do not have automatic migration from the 11g developer previews. That is standard for us. We have lots of documentation and will have great forum support to help you with those apps if you choose to migrate them from the DP's. Most of it is pretty straight forward, but there are some areas that have some bigger differences between OC4J and WLS, like security for one.

- I can't tell you the date that it will be out, but it is going to be soon. We were hit with a nasty stress bug in final testing that took some time to track down. It only reproduced after 15 hours of running in an extremely high-volume simulation environment. We have found the issue are are continuing on with the production close down.

We really appreciate your patience and are excited to have you get your hands on it and let us know what you think. We are always eager to work constructively with our users to help them and get feedback that we can use to make the products better. If you have any other questions please feel free to post them here or send me an email. The address is my first name dot last name at oracle dot com.

thanks,

Ted Farrell
    Oracle Corporation
  • 55. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    629225 Newbie
    Hello Ted,

First of all thank you very much for responding to this thread. We are anxiously waiting and looking to the new JDeveloper 11g production version.

Its been great to see JDeveloper 11g MLS demo in your Open World keynote and we know it has lot to offer and its only going to be better in future.

Keep it coming :D

Once again thanks for responding to this thread.

Thank you,
    -simplyadf
  • 56. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    Alexandar Journeyer
    Thank you Ted. I would give you 5pts if I could. It's good to know where John get us with his car :)
    ... are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? ...
  • 57. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    623701 Newbie
    Hello Ted!

Thanks a lot for your reply. The future is awaiting this product ;)

JVN
  • 58. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    631774 Newbie
    Thanks Ted,
    Nothing else to say. We will wait because we can´t do anything else.
    Rowan
  • 59. Re: JDeveloper 11g Countdown
    Sascha Herrmann Journeyer
    Ahhh .... this thread made me laugh.

After all that bitching and moaning, and after 58 replies you managed to figure out the obvious. You figured out that "we will wait because we can´t do anything else".

Thanks guys.

Sascha

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points