3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 11:39 AM by 990446 RSS

5200: Error executing query: Invalid Item ID. Pls help

Hi

i get this error above when i try to run a report from the workspace and it's specially for some reports.

I use HFM 9.2, the database connection is configured correctly, and the user with the problem
      above (comes from msad) has all the rights, permissions and he can run others reports without any problem.

Any idea to fix this issue?
      thanks for your help
        • 1. Re: 5200: Error executing query: Invalid Item ID. Pls help
          We had several users experiencing this on various reports. This was due to an invalid default Point of View for the user that was incompatible with the particular report. We changed their preferences to prompt for POV and it solved the issue.

This can be changed in Workspace (we are on 9.3.1, so it may be a little different) under File | Preferences. Choose Financial Reporting and set the User Point of View Preview value to On. This will prompt the user to change their POV every time he or she opens a report. They can select the correct POV and the report runs correctly.

Let me know if this works. If not, you can delete the POV from the server and it will reset when the user logs back in.
          • 2. Re: 5200: Error executing query: Invalid Item ID. Pls help
            I just encountered the same issue and error message.

Enabling the UserPOV Preview worked successfully, Thanks!
            Some users have chosen to disable the Preview once a report was opened for the first time.
            • 3. Re: 5200: Error executing query: Invalid Item ID. Pls help
              This error may also come if the allow connect option is not enabled in Essbase for an application. Login Essbase, go to application edit properties and check mark the "allow connect" box.