5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2009 7:03 AM by 678165 RSS

Oracle 9i - were can i download the client?

I am looking to download the client version of Oracle 9i (9.2.04). I cant see it anywhere on the oracle website, only the database version.

All help would be appreciated?
        • 1. Re: Oracle 9i - were can i download the client?
          Since Oracle runs on different platforms,it would be nice you wouldn't hide your platform. If you really look for 9.2.0.4, you find it on metalink only because that's a patchset. 9.2.0.1 client is still available on the download site,but for Windows only. For other platforms you have to extract the client part from the server software.

Werner
          • 2. Re: Oracle 9i - were can i download the client?
            Sorry the platform is Windows XP. I've checked the oracle website, but with no luck.
            • 3. Re: Oracle 9i - were can i download the client?
              Only new to this site and oracle. Can you direct me to or explain: "If you really look for 9.2.0.4, you find it on metalink only because that's a patchset."
              • 4. Re: Oracle 9i - were can i download the client?
                On OTN you find the download page for 9i here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html

It includes client software version 9.2.0.1 for Windows XP.

Metalink is the official Oracle support site, where you can - among many other things - download patches, like patchset 9.2.0.4. This site is not free, you need a support contract with Oracle. Pay attention to this statement on the OTN download site:
                /*
                Free to download, free to learn, unlimited evaluation
                All software downloads are free, and each comes with a Development License that allows you to use full versions of the products at no charge while developing and prototyping your applications (or for strictly self-educational purposes). In some cases, certain downloads (such as Beta releases) have licenses with slightly different terms. You can buy products with full-use licenses at any time from the online Store or from your sales representative.
                */

Werner
                • 5. Re: Oracle 9i - were can i download the client?
                  Hi,

We are currently running Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 - 64bit Production on Solaris and I'm looking for a compatible client on my Windows XP machine to connect to the remote database. Apparently there was Oracle9i Client Release 2 (9.2.0.8.0) for Windows a few months back but now when I go to: [http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html] there's only Oracle9i Client Release 2 (9.2.0.8.0) for Stratus x86 available for download. I would really appreciate it if someone could refer me to download the right client version again, or suggest another version of 9i client that should work with 9.2.0.8.0?

My end goal is to install the right client, install and register the correct ODBC driver so that I can reverse engineer ERDs in Visio 2003.

Thank you in advance!

Bonnie