Several applications have been developed based on Redmine which uses the rails framework. They were
originally written on Postgress and various problems are being encountered migrating to Oracle.
I found a similar problrm on the Redmine community board, see below, is anyone aware of a fix/work around.
I've managed to solve some problems and install redmine with Oracle. Unfortunately, I still had some problems I couldn't solve then I decided to switch to MySQL.
Everything I did I writed down on http://www.redmine.org/boards/1/topics/show/1747
I think that someone with good knowledge in Ruby on Rails and Oracle might solve the problems in 2 or 3 days...
According to the following link, http://justbarebones.blogspot.com/2007/11/attachementfu-size-column.html,
the OCIError: ORA-00904: : invalid identifier: can be workded around as follows:
I got around it by naming the database column to 'asize' instead of 'size' in my database migration script and then adding an alias_attribute (>= rails 1.2) to my model as alias_attribute :size, :asize.