This discussion is archived
14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2007 2:13 AM by 666705 RSS

Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help

666705 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ...
i'm facing a problem while uploading any applciation into weblogic server..

this is the error it gives
"
<Jul 26, 2006 11:48:39 AM MDT> <Error> <J2EE Deployment SPI> <BEA-260101> <Parameter may not be null.
java.lang.NullPointerException at weblogic.deploy.api.internal.utils.ConfigHelper.checkParam(ConfigHelper.java:126) at weblogic.deploy.api.model.WebLogicDeployableObject.getEntry(WebLogicDeployableObject.java:434) at weblogic.deploy.api.model.WebLogicDeployableObject.getDDStream(WebLogicDeployableObject.java:256) at weblogic.deploy.api.model.WebLogicDeployableObject.setupDDBeanRoot(WebLogicDeployableObject.java:209) at weblogic.deploy.api.model.WebLogicDeployableObject.getDDBeanRootInternal(WebLogicDeployableObject.java:202)
Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
"

I'm not sure how to fix this.. please help.. its urgent..

Thanks in advance..
  • 1. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    Hmm. Something is wrong with your application that appears to be triggering a bug in WLS.

Can you try java weblogic.appc <your EAR/WAR/JAR etc>

If it outputs an error, please post it here.
    -- Rob

WLS Blog http://dev2dev.bea.com/blog/rwoollen/
  • 2. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    I have created another domain and deployed the same ear file and it got deployed without any errors.I still havent figured out why the problem is occuring.
  • 3. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    That's good information.

Is there anything different about your new domain vs the one causing the problem?
    -- Rob

• 4. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    The Only difference between the two domains is the server name.
    In the domain which is at present functioning correctly the server name is AdminServer and the other domain has some other name.

This error is very strange and we are not able to find any solution to this so far.Every time we encounter this problem we create a new domain and deploy the ears.
  • 5. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    Very odd. I'd suggest trying 9.2 if you have not already. If the problem persists, then I think you'll need to contact support@bea.com.
    -- Rob

• 6. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    Hi...

Thanks for the update..
    The problem is that we have tool which uses weblogic9.0.
    Hence we cant migrate to 9.2.

This problem still persists and we have no other option but to repeadetly create new domains when we encounter this problem in the existing domain.

No response from bea support either :-(

-
    Thanks
    Smita
  • 7. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    Sorry I don't have any better advise other than to work with BEA support. It looks like a bug to me.
    -- Rob

• 8. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    Thanks Rob for the input.We have logged a call to bea support.
    Awaiting response...

Thanks
    Smita
  • 9. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread. Did you ever find the problem/solution for this issue? I've been experiencing the same thing, but when I deploy jackrabbit as a resource adapter. It deployed once successfully. I undeployed, tweaked some configs, then attempted to deploy again as a resource adapter. No cigar. I get the following:

(x) Unable to access the selected application
    (x) [J2EE Deployment SPI:260101]Parameter 'WebLogicDeploymentObject' may not be null

As you know, there is nothing on the Web about this error, except what is found here... in this very thread.

FYI, using WebLogic 9.2.
  • 10. Deployment Workaround
    666705 Newbie
    We discovered that BEA uses a directory named "autodeploy". By dropping our Jackrabbit 1.1 RAR file (resource adapter), BEA would auto-deploy it. No need to deal with the buggy WebLogic Admin console.

Needed to add the weblogic-ra.xml file to the META-INF directory, and set it up properly. Re-jar it all up as a .rar file, then copy it to the autodeploy directory. The other step is to make sure that the target repository directory exists (I pre-created [bea_home]/jackrabbit/ directory), and that the repository.xml file is already there before you deploy your .rar. Then start up the sample portal server, and the rar file will deploy as a resource adapter. To see it, go into the main server console, click on Deployments > Monitoring > Resource Adapters > Outbound Connection Pools. Jackrabbit should show up there.

This was the directory in which we dropped our RAR for testing:

[bea_home]/weblogic92/samples/domains/portal/autodeploy

Start the sample portal server at:
    Windows
    [bea_home]/weblogic92/samples/domains/portal/bin/startWebLogic.cmd
    UNIX
    [bea_home]/weblogic92/samples/domains/portal/bin/startWebLogic.sh

NOTE: This didn't end our headaches. Now we're dealing with Jackrabbit creating connections and never releasing them. Hundreds and hundreds of connections, until it runs out of its connection pool. Hideous. But that's a problem for another thread.

Message was edited by:
    LanceZechinato
  • 11. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    I have the same error:
    Unable to access the selected application.
    [J2EE Deployment SPI:260101]Parameter 'WebLogicDeployableObject' may not be null.

After trying i found that there is an error in the web.xml file, and when i correct it, it worked fine

The error was the semicolon in the header:
    <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

when i removed it to be:
    <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
    it worked fine

I think any other error in web.xml could cause the same error messages, so check the web.xml

Addition to that, you can check the log file, it could give you an indicator ...

Hope that will help
  • 12. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    I got that same error when I moved my tld(s) {just trying out some stuff} out from the WEB-INF/tld dir, and made this change:
    <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>tags-fmt</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/fmt.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

When I moved it back in:

<taglib>
    <taglib-uri>tags-fmt</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/fmt.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

things were fine again !
    Hopefully this would be of some help ...
  • 13. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    Oh jeez - it was that semi colon in the web.xml -
    I was using a sample web xml provided by bea to get the HttpClusterServlet going!

(http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs92/cluster/setup.html#wp759972)

naughty naughty...

Glad I found this page. Thanks guys!

Andrew
  • 14. Re: Problem deploying applications in weblogic 9.0..... please help
    666705 Newbie
    Same problem here! I have also used the sample web.xml for the HttpClusterServlet !! It took me a while to figure it out...

When I deployed the war on a Weblogic 8 domain it gave a propper error message of what was wrong with the web.xml