1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2008 10:24 AM by 3004

Shared JNDI Tree WL 10 and SAP Web AS

Hi,

in my current project, the vision is to have a joined JNDI tree for the platform. Currently we have a WL 10 server hosting a web application with its own JNDI tree and a SAP Web Application Server also with an JNDI tree. The server are not clustered. The vision is to merge the JNDI trees and have one central instance which can be accessed by both AS. Is this a feasable solution? What is required to setup the central/share JNDI tree and which server should host the JNDI tree? Can anyone point me to some relevant documentation?
        • 1. Re: Shared JNDI Tree WL 10 and SAP Web AS
          Cord Plasse <> writes:

You can't really share the tree, although you could federate from one
          namespace to the other.

andy
          Hi,

in my current project, the vision is to have a joined JNDI tree for the platform. Currently we have a WL 10 server hosting a web application with its own JNDI tree and a SAP Web Application Server also with an JNDI tree. The server are not clustered. The vision is to merge the JNDI trees and have one central instance which can be accessed by both AS. Is this a feasable solution? What is required to setup the central/share JNDI tree and which server should host the JNDI tree? Can anyone point me to some relevant documentation?