3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2006 4:24 PM by 666705

Unable to create Connection Pool.

Hi All,
      I am working on WebLogic 8.1. I was deploying the application & it was working fine, suddenly yesterday when I started my machine again, and start working on weblogic, it was complaining for the connection pool & data source.
      I have deleted the existing connection pools & datasources. Now when I am creating deploying the connection pool MyPool ... It is giving me exception:

<May 13, 2005 10:01:00 AM GMT+05:30> <Warning> <JDBC> <BEA-001129> <Received exception while creating connection for pool "MyPool": null>
      <May 13, 2005 10:01:01 AM GMT+05:30> <Error> <JDBC> <BEA-001150> <Connection Pool "MyPool" deployment failed with the following error: 0:Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was: null.>
      <May 13, 2005 10:01:01 AM GMT+05:30> <Error> <Management> <BEA-141111> <Failed to update addDeployment for the configuration MBean sqmdomain:Location=myserver,Name=myserver,Type=ServerConfig on server myserver. javax.management.MBeanExceptionweblogic.management.DeploymentException>
      <May 13, 2005 10:01:01 AM GMT+05:30> <Error> <JDBC> <BEA-001169> <Error occured during shutdown of pool "MyPool". Received exception: "Unknown Connection Pool MyPool".>
      <May 13, 2005 10:01:01 AM GMT+05:30> <Error> <Management> <BEA-141111> <Failed to update removeDeployment for the configuration MBean sqmdomain:Location=myserver,Name=myserver,Type=ServerConfig on server myserver. javax.management.MBeanExceptionweblogic.management.UndeploymentException>

I am using PointBase database. with the settings as:
      Driver Classname: com.pointbase.jdbc.jdbcUniversalDriver
      URL: jdbc:pointbase:SQMDB
      UserName: PBPUBLIC

Before creating if I Test the Driver Configuration; sometimes it succeeds in testing but later gives the above exception and sometimes gives below exception:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
           at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:375)
           at java.util.HashSet.add(HashSet.java:188)
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkPackageAccess(ClassLoader.java:332)
           at com.pointbase.cache.cacheManager.getPageLocal(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.cache.cacheManager.getPage(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.syscat.syscatHeaderPageStatic.getSyscatHeaderPage(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.syscat.syscatHeaderPageStatic.getSystemCatalogInternalPageId(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.syscat.syscatPageSizeMap.getInternalPageId(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.syscat.syscatCatalog.selectRowArray(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.file.fileIdMapManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.file.fileIdMapManager.getPageSizeInK(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.cache.cacheCorePage.(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.dpage.dpageDataPage.(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.syscat.syscatHeaderPage.(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.syscat.syscatHeaderPageFactory.makePage(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.cache.cacheManager.createPage(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.syscat.syscatHeaderPageStatic.getSyscatHeaderPage(Unknown Source)
           at com.pointbase.syscat.syscatHeaderPageStatic.getSystemCatalogInternalPageId(Unknown Source)

Could any expert help me out.

Thanks in advance.
      Amitabh.
        • 1. Re: Unable to create Connection Pool.
          Amitabh Tripathi wrote:

Hi All,
          I am working on WebLogic 8.1. I was deploying the application & it was working fine, suddenly yesterday when I started my machine again, and start working on weblogic, it was complaining for the connection pool & data source.
          I have deleted the existing connection pools & datasources. Now when I am creating deploying the connection pool MyPool ... It is giving me exception:

<May 13, 2005 10:01:00 AM GMT+05:30> <Warning> <JDBC> <BEA-001129> <Received exception while creating connection for pool "MyPool": null>
          <May 13, 2005 10:01:01 AM GMT+05:30> <Error> <JDBC> <BEA-001150> <Connection Pool "MyPool" deployment failed with the following error: 0:Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was: null.>
          <May 13, 2005 10:01:01 AM GMT+05:30> <Error> <Management> <BEA-141111> <Failed to update addDeployment for the configuration MBean sqmdomain:Location=myserver,Name=myserver,Type=ServerConfig on server myserver. javax.management.MBeanExceptionweblogic.management.DeploymentException>
          <May 13, 2005 10:01:01 AM GMT+05:30> <Error> <JDBC> <BEA-001169> <Error occured during shutdown of pool "MyPool". Received exception: "Unknown Connection Pool MyPool".>
          <May 13, 2005 10:01:01 AM GMT+05:30> <Error> <Management> <BEA-141111> <Failed to update removeDeployment for the configuration MBean sqmdomain:Location=myserver,Name=myserver,Type=ServerConfig on server myserver. javax.management.MBeanExceptionweblogic.management.UndeploymentException>

I am using PointBase database. with the settings as:
          Driver Classname: com.pointbase.jdbc.jdbcUniversalDriver
          URL: jdbc:pointbase:SQMDB
          UserName: PBPUBLIC

Before creating if I Test the Driver Configuration; sometimes it succeeds in testing but later gives the above exception and sometimes gives below exception:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
               at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:375)
               at java.util.HashSet.add(HashSet.java:188)
               at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkPackageAccess(ClassLoader.java:332)
          Hi. This is a Pointbase internal problem that I have never seen before.
          I would see if pointbase themselves have anything online that helps debug
          this. If you open an official support case, BEA might be able to approach
          them on the topic.
          Joe

Could any expert help me out.

Thanks in advance.
          Amitabh.
          • 2. Re: Unable to create Connection Pool.
            Thanks Joe for your support.
            Actually the problem was, the Pointbase database was corrupted due to some reasons (Probably, not closing the Weblogic server before machine shutdown). I have recreated the database and it is working fine. That database was having the test data only for the development purpose, thatswhy I am not bothering about the data. But I think this approach will not be acceptable if somebody is having real data.

Thanks again,
            Amitabh.
            • 3. Re: Unable to create Connection Pool.
              Hello,

it seems that I have the same problem...

Could you explain me how to recreate the database ? is it th e file .dbn ?

thanks