9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2008 11:56 AM by 666705

weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException

Hi,

I have encountered the following error message on my weblogic server 8.1 sp2,

weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException: Transaction timed out after 31 seconds

Any transaction that is processed on the server would NOT take more than 5 seconds. Almost all the other similar requests completes the transaction in less than 2 seconds.

This problem is not reproduceable and happens at random periods.

Any help is most welcome.

Thanks,
                Rupert.
        • 1. Re: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException
          Hi,

I have encountered the following error message on my weblogic server 8.1 sp2,

weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException: Transaction timed out after 31 seconds

Any transaction that is processed on the server would NOT take more than 5 seconds. Almost all the other similar requests completes the transaction in less than 2 seconds.

This problem is not reproduceable and happens at random periods.

Any help is most welcome.

Thanks,
                    Jerald S
          • 2. Re: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException
            Hi i've got the same issue .. but mine ...

weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException

is generated in different parts of the Business Process,
                      so it could be thrown as soon as the timeout occurs.

I'd like to know whether or not is there a way to handle the Exceptions generated by the TimedOutException?
                      I think once this exception is thrown the program flow control is not more in the process(jpd) so the OnException path can't handle this...
                      This is caused by an attempt to find a conversation with this bean
                      (EJB com.bea.wlw.runtime.core.bean.SyncDispatcherBean )
                      that is already dead ... ; (
                      i.e. during conversation in jpd class representation ..
                      tx in advance

giotto
            • 3. Re: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException
              Hi,
                        I am running WL 8.0.3. Got the similar problem..
                        "weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException: Transaction timed out after 300 seconds". This time was 300 seconds. Bet there must be a config setting for that number. I would like to know how to change this default number to 120 seconds.
                        Secondly, I do want to set the "add Timeout path" to my process (jpd). But failed to set it up.
                        Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
                        Keith
              • 4. Re: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException
                The only global timeout value that I've found is the JTA timeout value, e.g.
                          <JTA Name="workflow" TimeoutSeconds="180"/>

I'm not sure if this value constitutes what BEA calls the "global transaction timeout" value (see http://edocs.beasys.com/wls/docs81/config_xml/JDBCConnectionPool.html, which casually mentions the global transaction timeout value without defining it explicitly).

Apart from that, there's the XA transaction timeout value, e.g.
                          XASetTransactionTimeout="true" XATransactionTimeout="360"
                          which can be set for every XA connection pool. Quoting http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/ConsoleHelp/domain_jdbcconnectionpool_config_connections.html#1112302, "If set, this value should be greater than or equal to the global WebLogic Server transaction timeout."
                • 5. Re: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException
                  You need to change the wlw-config.xml in Web application directory to add <transaction-timeout> parameter with the no of seconds
                            See http://edocs.bea.com/workshop/docs81/doc/en/workshop/reference/configfiles/con_wlw-config_xml_ConfigurationFile.html
                  • 6. Re: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException
                    Are you using messaging bridges ? By default the transaction time out value for messaging bridge is 30 secs. May be you can try increasing the value

Suresh
                    • 7. Re: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException
                      you may want to try this.

in weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

<weblogic-enterprise-bean>
                                <ejb-name></ejb-name>
                                <stateless-session-descriptor></stateless-session-descriptor>
                                <transaction-descriptor>               <trans-timeout-seconds>1000</trans-timeout-seconds>
                                </transaction-descriptor>
                                etc...
                                </weblogic-enterprise-bean>
                      • 8. Re: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException
                        I'm getting a weird timeout as well. here's the setup:

Server A - WL813 - running a SOAP webservice

Server B - WL616 - running a business logic server

Server C - WL813 - running a JMS-based queue hub

1. Server A gets a SOAP request and sends a translation of that message to Server B via an RMI call
                                  2. Server B processes the message, records data in a database and forwards the message to Server C by dropping the message onto a JMS queue in Server C.
                                  3. Server B is done its work without errors and returns a response to Server A. this all happens within 2 seconds.
                                  4. Server A hangs and times out after around 3 and a half minutes.
                                  5. Server C never got the JMS message after all.

java.rmi.RemoteException: Exception while commiting Tx : Name=[EJB com.points.services.integration.ejb.transfer.TransferFacadeBean.startTransfers(com.points.common.j2ee.ExecutionContext,com.poin
                                  ts.services.integration.common.vo.StartTransfersRequestVO)],Xid=1711:f2ed5f18d3f1fc76(6766442),Status=Rolling Back. [Reason=weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException: Timed out tx=1711:f2ed5f18d3f1fc76 after 100 seconds],numRepliesOwedMe=0,numRepliesOwedOthers=0,seconds since begin=223,seconds left=0,ServerResourceInfo[weblogic.jdbc.jts.Connection]=(state=rolledback,assigned=pie-secondary),ServerResourceInfo[JMS_JMSFileStore-entry-secondary]=(state=new,assigned=secondary-qhub),SCInfo[qhub+secondary-qhub]=(state=rolling-back),SCInfo[pie+pie-secondary]=(state=rolledback),properties=({weblogic.transaction.name=[EJB com.points.services.integration.ejb.transfer.TransferFacadeBean.startTransfers(com.points.common.j2ee.ExecutionContext,com.points.services.integration.common.vo.StartTransfersRequestVO)], weblogic.jdbc=t3://secondary:20013}),OwnerTransactionManager=ServerTM[ServerCoordinatorDescriptor=(CoordinatorURL=pie-secondary+secondary:20013+pie+, Resources={})],CoordinatorURL=pie-secondary+secondary:20013+pie+); nested exception is:
                                  weblogic.transaction.RollbackException: Timed out tx=1711:f2ed5f18d3f1fc76 after 100 seconds - with nested exception:
                                  [weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException: Timed out tx=1711:f2ed5f18d3f1fc76 after 100 seconds]

after two days of wrangling with this, we restarted Server B with log4j debug level turned on and the problem disappeared. Restarted again without it and we were still fine. Now today, after a new build of Server B, we're getting the problem again.

Help! :(
                        • 9. Re: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException
                          Hi Brijesh

I am Facing same issue. We are currently migrating our wes services from weblogic 8.1 to 10.1. While doing testing on 10.1 when I called this web service I got following exception whereas it was working fine on 8.1.

weblogic.transaction.RollbackException: Transaction timed out after 30 seconds
                                    BEA1-00009BD3D1343057A4BDTransaction timed out after 30 seconds
                                    BEA1-00009BD3D1343057A4BD

I have increased JTA time out period in Server console and even I have added one timeout entry in wlw-config.xml but all in vain. Still it is getting time out in 30 seconds.