1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2003 7:57 AM by 3004

StartupServlet failed to load

Hi,
                I have a startupservlet failed to load when I start up the weblogic. the following
                is the exception. I can't figure out what's wrong.
                what's the probelm? how can I get more info? Thanks

<Sep 9, 2003 1:56:09 PM PDT> <Error> <HTTP> <101216> <Servlet: "StartupServlet"
                failed to preload on startup in webapp: "my-app"
                javax.servlet.ServletException
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubIm
                pl.java:912)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStub
                Impl.java:833)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubI
                mpl.java:773)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppS
                ervletContext.java:2782)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebApp
                ServletContext.java:2727)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAp
                pServletContext.java:2700)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java
                :563)
                at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java
                :476)
                at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner$1.run(ServletInitRunner.java:50)
                at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServic
                eManager.java:780)
                at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner.run(ServletInitRunner.java:46)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
                >

• 1. Re: StartupServlet failed to load
          Jen:

try using 'try/catch block' in the init() method of the servlet and dump
                    the exception and you will find the actual problem.

Thanks,
                    Selva-

"Jen" <follower1999@yahoo.com> wrote in message
                    news:3f5e4016$1@newsgroups.bea.com...
                    >
                    > Hi,
                    > I have a startupservlet failed to load when I start up the weblogic. the
                    following
                    > is the exception. I can't figure out what's wrong.
                    > what's the probelm? how can I get more info? Thanks
                    >
                    > <Sep 9, 2003 1:56:09 PM PDT> <Error> <HTTP> <101216> <Servlet:
                    "StartupServlet"
                    > failed to preload on startup in webapp: "my-app"
                    > javax.servlet.ServletException
                    > at
                    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubIm
                    > pl.java:912)
                    > at
                    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStub
                    > Impl.java:833)
                    > at
                    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubI
                    > mpl.java:773)
                    > at
                    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppS
                    > ervletContext.java:2782)
                    > at
                    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebApp
                    > ServletContext.java:2727)
                    > at
                    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAp
                    > pServletContext.java:2700)
                    > at
                    weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java
                    > :563)
                    > at
                    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java
                    > :476)
                    > at
                    weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner$1.run(ServletInitRunner.java:50)
                    > at
                    weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServic
                    > eManager.java:780)
                    > at
                    weblogic.t3.srvr.ServletInitRunner.run(ServletInitRunner.java:46)
                    > at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
                    > >
                    >