1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2000 10:43 PM by 3004 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: "Bad magic number" while loading a class in Applet.
        Hi,
        I installed new java plug-in 1.3, but still it didn't work.
        I am still getting the same error.

I am using weblogic 510 server and netscape browser 4.7 for client where applet runs. This applications works perfectly fine when
        directly invoked at weblogic HTTP port (in my case 8053), but fails when tried to invoke through apache-weblogic bridge.
        Also the standard RMI part works fine with apache-weblogic bridge but the call-back RMI part - functionality fails while exporting the remote Object ( UnicastRemoteObject.exportObject(this) ) in the applet Init() function call..

1. Do I need to install any SP for 510, currently I haven't installed any.
        2. any other possible cause of error ?
        3. Do I need to install Java plug in to work with IE4.x ? The application never worked in IE.

Any comments or suggestions on fixing the problem ?

Thanks

Eduardo Ceballos wrote:
        I suspect that either the applet works but the message that is logged is distressing, or that the applet fails but the logged message is not actually associated with the failure. Please use the browser's debug feature to list the classes that are being loaded to determine which class is failing and
        make sure that you are using the jdk plug-in.

Shriniwas wagle wrote:
        Hi,
        I am implementing RMI call back functionality. While applet is loading
        the classes from weblogic/classes/weblogic/.... directory,
        it fails to load the class " weblogic.rmi.internal.DGCServerImpl_WLStub"
        with following error.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Loading class weblogic.boot.ClassPathLoader
        # Loading class weblogic.rmi.internal.DGCServerImpl_WLStub
        java.lang.ClassFormatError: Bad magic number
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using Netscape 4.7 browser,

This seems to be unusal error as "Bad Magic Number" means not a valid
        java class.

WL experts, can you tell me what should be done to fix this problem.

-Shriniwas
        • 16. Re: "Bad magic number" while loading a class in Applet.
          Hi,

I am using weblogic 510 server and netscape browser 4.7 for client where applet runs. This applications works perfectly fine when
          directly invoked at weblogic HTTP port (in my case 8053), but fails when tried to invoke through apache-weblogic bridge.
          Also the standard RMI part works fine with apache-weblogic bridge but the call-back RMI part - functionality fails while exporting the remote Object ( UnicastRemoteObject.exportObject(this) ) in the applet Init() function call..

3. Do I need to install Java plug in to work with IE4.x ? The application never worked in IE.

Thanks

Eduardo Ceballos wrote:
          I suspect that either the applet works but the message that is logged is distressing, or that the applet fails but the logged message is not actually associated with the failure. Please use the browser's debug feature to list the classes that are being loaded to determine which class is failing and

Shriniwas wagle wrote:
          Hi,
          with following error.

java class.

-Shriniwas
          • 17. Re: "Bad magic number" while loading a class in Applet.
            Hi,

Thanks

Eduardo Ceballos wrote:

Shriniwas wagle wrote:
            Hi,
            with following error.

java class.

-Shriniwas
            1 2 Previous Next