3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2004 6:21 AM by 3004

Kodo 3.0.1 and Postgres 7.4

I upgraded my development database to Postgres 7.4 and now I'm getting the
      following error:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name FKTABLE_SCHEM not found.
      at kodo.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getFatalDataStore(SQLExceptions.java:42)
      at kodo.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getFatalDataStore(SQLExceptions.java:24)
      at kodo.jdbc.schema.LazySchemaFactory.findTable(LazySchemaFactory.java:150)
      at
      kodo.jdbc.meta.BaseClassMapping.fromMappingInfo(BaseClassMapping.java:148)
      at
      kodo.jdbc.meta.RuntimeMappingProvider.getMapping(RuntimeMappingProvider.java
      :56)
      at
      kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMappingInternal(MappingRepository.java:3
      42)
      at kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMapping(MappingRepository.java:297)
      at kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMapping(MappingRepository.java:249)
      at kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMetaData(MappingRepository.java:237)
      at
      kodo.runtime.PersistenceManagerImpl.newStateManager(PersistenceManagerImpl.j
      ava:1387)
      at
      kodo.runtime.PersistenceManagerImpl.getObjectById(PersistenceManagerImpl.jav
      a:1351)
      at
      a:1294)
      at net.sundog.jdo.JDOUtil.findByPrimaryKey(JDOUtil.java:187)

I'm using the newest Postgres JDBC driver, and the logging tells me:
      Using dictionary class "kodo.jdbc.sql.PostgresDictionary" (PostgreSQL 7.4
      ,PostgreSQL Native Driver PostgreSQL 7.4.1 JDBC3 with SSL (build 210))
      [catalogSeparator=                                     .
      catalogTerm=                                          database
      databaseProductName=                                  PostgreSQL
      databaseProductVersion=                               7.4
      driverName=                                           PostgreSQL Native
      Driver
      driverVersion=                                        PostgreSQL 7.4.1 JDBC3
      with SSL (build 210)

Right before the error, the following gets sent to the logging system:
      ""INFO  [main | kodo.jdbc.schema.SchemaGenerator] 06 Jan 2004 10:59:48:
      Reading column information for table "public.t_roomscene".
      ""DEBUG [main | kodo.jdbc.schema.SchemaGenerator] 06 Jan 2004 10:59:48:
      Found existing column "id_i" on table "public.t_roomscene".
      Found existing column "roomtype_id_i" on table "public.t_roomscene".
      Found existing column "active_b" on table "public.t_roomscene".
      Found existing column "photogallery_b" on table "public.t_roomscene".
      Found existing column "name_vc" on table "public.t_roomscene".
      Found existing column "date_dt" on table "public.t_roomscene".
      Found existing column "thumbnail_blob" on table "public.t_roomscene".
      Found existing column "image_blob" on table "public.t_roomscene".
      Found existing column "rowversion_i" on table "public.t_roomscene".
      ""INFO [main | kodo.jdbc.schema.SchemaGenerator] 06 Jan 2004 10:59:48:
      Reading foreign keys for schema name "public", table name "t_roomscene".
      ""DEBUG [main | com.solarmetric.jdbc.JDBCLog] 06 Jan 2004 10:59:48: <t
      10807107, conn 29912037> getImportedKeys: mat, public, t_roomscene
      ""DEBUG [main | com.solarmetric.jdbc.JDBCLog] 06 Jan 2004 10:59:49: <t
      10807107, conn 29912037> return
      10807107, conn 29912037> [0 ms] close

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks,
      Nathan

• 1. Re: Kodo 3.0.1 and Postgres 7.4
          Nathan-

I know there are a few reported problems with the Postgres 7.4 JDBC
          driver. It may just be an issue with incorrect metadata being returned
          by the driver. Can you try it without schema validation using the
          following property:

kodo.jdbc.SchemaFactory: dynamic

In article <bteqcc$n2b$1@solarmetric.netmar.com>, Nathan Voxland wrote:
          I upgraded my development database to Postgres 7.4 and now I'm getting the
          following error:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name FKTABLE_SCHEM not found.
          at kodo.jdbc.schema.LazySchemaFactory.findTable(LazySchemaFactory.java:150)
          at
          at
          at
          42)
          at kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMapping(MappingRepository.java:297)
          at kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMapping(MappingRepository.java:249)
          at kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMetaData(MappingRepository.java:237)
          at
          at
          at

Using dictionary class "kodo.jdbc.sql.PostgresDictionary" (PostgreSQL 7.4
          Driver
          driverVersion=                                        PostgreSQL 7.4.1 JDBC3
          with SSL (build 210)

Right before the error, the following gets sent to the logging system:
          ""INFO  [main | kodo.jdbc.schema.SchemaGenerator] 06 Jan 2004 10:59:48:

Thanks,
          Nathan

--
          Marc Prud'hommeaux marc@solarmetric.com
          SolarMetric Inc. http://www.solarmetric.com
          • 2. Re: Kodo 3.0.1 and Postgres 7.4
            Thanks, that fixed it.

Nathan

"Marc Prud'hommeaux" <marc@solarmetric.com> wrote in message
            news:slrnbvlv8r.ium.marc@chance.local...
            Nathan-

following property:

I upgraded my development database to Postgres 7.4 and now I'm getting
            the
            following error:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name FKTABLE_SCHEM not
            found.
            at
            kodo.jdbc.schema.LazySchemaFactory.findTable(LazySchemaFactory.java:150)
            at
            at
            at
            42)
            at
            kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMapping(MappingRepository.java:297)
            at
            kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMapping(MappingRepository.java:249)
            at
            kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMetaData(MappingRepository.java:237)
            at
            at
            at

Using dictionary class "kodo.jdbc.sql.PostgresDictionary" (PostgreSQL
            Driver
            driverVersion=                                        PostgreSQL 7.4.1
            JDBC3> > with SSL (build 210)> >> > Right before the error, the following gets sent to the logging system:> > ""INFO  [main | kodo.jdbc.schema.SchemaGenerator 06 Jan 2004 10:59:48:

Thanks,
            Nathan

--
            • 3. Re: Kodo 3.0.1 and Postgres 7.4
              Nathan-

I've made a bug report for this at:

http://bugzilla.solarmetric.com/show_bug.cgi?id=835

In the meantime, using the dynamic SchemaFactory should be a valid
              workaround whose only downside is that you won't get automatic
              validation of your mappings.

In article <btf778$37o$1@solarmetric.netmar.com>, Nathan Voxland wrote:
              Thanks, that fixed it.

Nathan

"Marc Prud'hommeaux" <marc@solarmetric.com> wrote in message
              news:slrnbvlv8r.ium.marc@chance.local...
              Nathan-

following property:

I upgraded my development database to Postgres 7.4 and now I'm getting
              the
              following error:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name FKTABLE_SCHEM not
              found.
              at
              kodo.jdbc.schema.LazySchemaFactory.findTable(LazySchemaFactory.java:150)
              at
              at
              at
              42)
              at
              kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMapping(MappingRepository.java:297)
              at
              kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMapping(MappingRepository.java:249)
              at
              kodo.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.getMetaData(MappingRepository.java:237)
              at
              at
              at

Using dictionary class "kodo.jdbc.sql.PostgresDictionary" (PostgreSQL
              Driver
              driverVersion=                                        PostgreSQL 7.4.1
              JDBC3>> > with SSL (build 210)>> >>> > Right before the error, the following gets sent to the logging system:>> > ""INFO  [main | kodo.jdbc.schema.SchemaGenerator 06 Jan 2004 10:59:48:

Thanks,
              Nathan

--
              --